Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Margot
Senior Contributor

Forum Policy Update

Hi everyone,

This post is to give you a bit of an update about a new Forums policy. The policy is called the Removing Member Access Policy and has been put in place as a measure to support the safety of individual members and the Forum community more broadly.

What does it cover?

The policy provides guidance to our Community Managers and Moderators around supporting members who are having difficulty engaging with the community in a safe way.

It outlines how repeated breaches will be managed by staff, and describes what steps need to be taken when a member repeatedly breaches the community guidelines.  Removing member’s access is stipulated as a last resort, where repeated breaches indicate that the forums are harmful for the member and/or compromise the safety of the community.

Who does it apply to?

The policy applies to all members of SANE Forums.

When will it be put into place?

The policy will be effective immediately.

Where can I get further information?

You can read more about the policy in our guidelines and help section. Here's a link for you to have a read.

I still have questions. How can I find out more?

If you have any further questions, you can email the Forums Team at: team@saneforums.org. If you would like to provide feedback about the policy, you can do so by emailing feedback@sane.org.

Thanks everyone. We believe this policy is another step in the right direction towards supporting safety within the community.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance