Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Lauz
Senior Contributor

Tech troubles? Tagging drop down and support function

Hi everyone, 

There were a few mentions yesterday of some issues with the tagging function - no drop down? And the support button isn't registering the action of pressing it. Have I got that right?

Just going to tag some that I know of that mentioned it! @Faith-and-Hope @Adge @Shaz51

If anyone else if having problems with this, please post with some more details of the problem here and also please let me know which browser you are using (chrome, firefox etc) and I will endeavor to investigate! 

One thing to try to do is to clear your cookies - see if this helps at all. If you aren't sure how to do that here are some steps depending on which browser you are using:

Internet explorer

Chrome

Firefox

Safari 

19 REPLIES 19

Re: Tech troubles? Tagging drop down and support function

@Lauz Hi Lauz I had this happen to me with the support button and trying to comment ... very strange I use Chrome. Then it appeared to fix itself .... go figure.

Hi @Lauz. I use chrome via mobile and over the last week or so I've noticed the support button can play up a little. Sometimes it can take a while to register which looks as if it hasn't worked, but if I go back to the post after moving around somewhere else, I can see it has. Other times it has worked fine.

No trouble with tagging through drop down for me when I've used desktop via mobile though.

Hi @Lauz, seems to be working now 

I did a full scan , see how it goes 

Hi @Lauz, I haven't had problems with this. But I did want to mention something that seems a little odd.

Since the change from 'like' to 'support' on the buttons at the bottom of posts, I've noticed that the onsite notifications page is still saying 'like' rather than 'support'. As in: '@someone liked your post on whatever thread'.

Hope this is useful information to you.

Hi @Lauz ..... 👋 I have cleared cookies on my phone, but still no drop-down box or highlight of your name when typed out in full .... it will highlight when it posts. Also, still no Supported function, although it looks like it registers, by highlighting, but the number of Supported doesn’t change (go up by 1), and then it un-lighlights when you click Supported in another post ...... which repeats in the same pattern. .....

Yes that's right. Thanks @Lauz Different browser (phone) still same problem. Adge

Nice to see that the problem has cleared up for some! Not so great that it hasn't yet for you @Faith-and-Hope and @Adge

Are you able to let me know a few more things - what kind of browser are you each using? And is it happening from both desktop and phone or both? And lastly are you using an iphone or an android? (You can email team@saneforums.org if you don't wish to post the answers here) 

PS. @Mazarita thanks for highlighting that - I've let the responsive team know and they will look into fixing that up.

Heya @Faith-and-Hope. I’m wondering if you’ve just updated to iOS 12. I haven’t yet but wondered if you have. 

Hi @Lauz Firefox on desktop. Adblock browser & also Chrome on phone. I tried fiddling with cookies etc - it didn't seem to make any difference. I would rather be able to eat the cookies. Adge
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance