Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Re: What do you think of the term "carer"?

Hi JUst47

Anyone who loves to read my posts and thinks I am a clever man, has my heart.  Will you marry me?

But seriously, I have had many, many Baddy relationships, as you call them, in my life too.. probably mostly my fault... Wish I could offer some advice, but I can't. By now, at 65, you'd think I would know the answer wouldn't you?   Hows this: Don't get twisted like me.

I note that I am called a Senior Constributor now.  Hmmm??  Perhaps because I am an old fart.

I have lotsa pain in my body, my head and my heart.

I get the feeling you are lonely.

Gray

Hi Gray - I am a fan of both Dr Seuss and Dr Who, hence the name!

Sorry you've had such a tough experience with the government - I haven't been in that position but I can see all the politics involved.

I don't really see myself as a "carer" just as a partner but there is a lot more caring than most relationships.

@justanother47yrold - I know what you mean about positive reinforcement, especially when you don't get much at home. It makes such a difference. We need lots of it and to believe it when we get it. Hope you are the recipient of some today.

Dear Gray,
I hold your marriage proposal in my heart with bells and white bows and imagining what I could say back without being too forthright and nasty but"...""..........sorry, it won't work between us. I will only say yes when the billboard in America proposes to me in a baseball match .........lololololol
not really!!!

Baddy relationships......hmmmmmmm............
I wonder if you are being too harsh on yourself?
how do you forgive yourself?

your last comment is duly noted but I'm a little too overwhelmed with joy in my heart that you wrote that.

Hi again J47

I note the reply from #Mrs Who about positive reinforcement and, well, I asked for your hand in marriage..

It doesn't get any more postive than that.

#Mrs Who... And she knocked me back.. I am devistated... No good asking you, you're already married.

Anyone else??? Ha, Ha...

The twist is that you like......reflect 'speaking to yourself.....' It's very cool, it's like your tossing and turning in bed .....first thing in the morning tryng to decide to have either coffee or tea.....the message you wrote to Nik Nik on 23-11-14 is a good example of the 'twist,'

You write........
'at ths point in time I am in two minds as whether
I will persist.......
having said that, I will probably push on
you never know........"

It's funny and cool how you write.

I have decided to answer you with the last sentence that you wrote me yesterday because while i
Was doing stuff in the car, I thought about the last sentence for .5 minutes. then ........
Had other stuff happening so did that.

I think I wanted to write that for many years, I swallowed up my loneliness of that child stuff by working very hard, working very hard being a loveable mother and therapy. but it didn't break the 'deep soul ness loneliness. it's somethng that I'm addressing now. I thought I would fill my days wth more soulless work but
I can't.
I'm now making necklaces and handsewn bags hoping to sell them. Also, many years of being a hard working good mother but now, I have a home with Arlo, my dog and me. It's very difficult to think about yourself first.

Gray. How do you forgive yourself?? "...............
I have an idea.

Hiya,

I live with my dog Limo. procounced Leemo..  He's a Maltese Shitbag

When I got cancer I used to lie him on my bare tummy every night..  It worked. I am cured.

It's called Limo Therapy.

More to follow after tea.

Gray

Don't really like it and agree with previous sentiments. It seems to be more appropriate for physical disabililty, but I suppose an all-embracing term is necessary for paperwork.

When I was a wife and mother of two young children, I was "Home Duties".

When I was a divorced single mother I was "abusing the system".

When my son was diagnosed with Bipolar I was a "Carer".

Yet as far as I can see my role has been the same all along.

@Gray......

How are you ?

It is isn't it @Louise?

I'm the happiest ive ever been
The poorest
The most restricted in many activities
The happiest.
And I'm still a consumer.......
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance