Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Re: Latest responsive update - feedback and queries

Thank you @Teej so much for the detail and screen shots is SO helpful, and also that you are having the smae issue too @CheerBear.

Very helpful! Will follow up with the tech team and come back to you!

Hi @s-jay (and @Lauz and @nashy). I found a minor glitch that's kind of making me twitch a little. I wanted to mention it (even though it's very minor) particularly given there are a couple of issues with images. 

It's about the way our "main profile picture" is displayed (not the little message icon one). On mobile it crops a lot of it out and looks a bit funny

20181910.jpg

I thought it was maybe a problem with the crop tool when we are prompted to crop our profile picture, but this is how the same one of mine appears on desktop

20181842.jpg

So I think it is less an issue with the cropping and more an issue with the way our profile pics show up between desktop and mobile. Again, not a big deal but if there's a fix for it that I could try (bigger image cropped smaller etc.?) I'd love to know please. 

Thanks 🙂

Thanks @CheerBear - yep definitely an issue about how it responds on mobile. What device and browser are you using? I will flag for the team, but might not be able to be actioned straight away.

In the meantime, you could use an image with more space around the outside of the actual bear - however that might not look good on desktop then...

ALSO, just an update for all that today the final solution for the latest contributions on profile pages will be live.

Cheers

Hi @s-jay, just letting you know that I am still not getting email notifications for posts that have new images in them. Image reposts work fine and do generate an email notification, as always. This seems to be because they have already been through the moderation process. Posts with new images in them, that still need to be moderated, used to generate a blank triangle in the email notifications, as they do on the site. For quite some time now, these email notifications have just not arrived. Not meaning to rush you, just letting you know this is still an issue at my end.

Hi @s-jay and thanks for getting back to us. The latest contributions looks and works fabulously, thank you 👍

Re the profile image issue - I am using Chrome on a Samsung phone. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have a play around with it sometime.

Thanks @CheerBear and I'll pass on your feedback about the Latest Contributions to the team they will appreciate that a lot!

Do you think this issue has anything to do with this issue with the cropping tool from back in June? When we were investogating we thought it might be related - but I also thought it might not because you said it wasn't about the cropping tool. Just wanted to get your opinion on that.

By the way - for that issue with the cropping tool it's not something we can fix ourselves so we have submitted it to the software company to fix.

Hi again @s-jay. I initially thought it have been that issue too but I don't think it is after switching between desktop and mobile. I can't use the crop tool on mobile as it has played up like this since the big forum update.

Screenshot_20181212-103543_Chrome.jpg

I use desktop mode (on mobile) for anything to do with profile images (most image stuff really) and it was when I switched between the two that I noticed the difference in the way profile images are displayed between mobile and desktop.

@CheerBear Putting my 👃 into your stuff 😜😘. There is a bit of a work around I found. If you crop your images before you upload them with the image in the centre and make it a perfect square it works better. I’ve started doing this when it’s important to have something in the centre. 

Awesome idea thanks @Teej (had a feeling you might also be someone who likes th images pretty in centre!) 🙂

Curious to know whether they show up differently between mobile and desktop for you? On desktop your profile image looks as I imagine you want it to, but on mobile if I click on your profile it shows up as a zoomed in version of part of the purple leaf you have. If they look the same maybe it is a device thing 🤔

Lol @CheerBear. I hadn’t checked my mobile profile before. I know it’s ok on my iPad (desktop version of forum). Just found this. Will insert images next post. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance