Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Sharing the wisdom within

@Sophia1 good morning xo

I'm thinking of you and praying for you. May peace be with you.

I look forward to hearing from you
Speak soon

Eude

thank you @eudemonism

that is a lovely message for me to receive when logging on....

you are coming across as more at peace today....passing that wish onto others is a very kind, caring gesture...

I have just finished cleaning out the fridge....

doing some much need mundane washing now...

I hate housework...

take care 

Sophia Cat HappyHeart

@Sophia1 OK

I think I have reduced my care factor about housework, as I figured I was doing it out of what I thought others expected from me / expected me to be & in fear of judgement being the repercussion of this expectation when not met - which I feared.

I do the basic chores and housework as I please, and do consider my hygiene and health. But definitely not as pedantic with chores and housework as I used to be. It don't really play a role in my spiritual or mental well being.

Hoodlum my new member to the family is sleeping peacefully...

Eude

hello @eudemonism

spot on with the priorities of housework....expectations from others has always been a big thing with me...now I only worry about this if people are coming for a visit...

if they are just dropping in...well accept that it is our home and we live in it thinking...

you are right in saying it definitely does not play a part in your spiritual or mental well being...

health and hygiene yes...

a new member to the family....Hoodlum...a new pet? dog? cat?

@Sophia1 It's a python... And I'm having doubts and fears about it... I don't think I really knew what I was getting myself into...

You know what I mean?

Eude

@Sophia1 I suppose there is
risk involved with everything we do...

Hello @eudemonism

Actually my "family member" always wanted a pet snake when he was younger...

I always said no...

I am petrified of them...

I can't watch them in a film or look at them at the zoo even...

Perhaps you could have a word with the vet whom you bought it from....

or ask others on here if they know much about having one as a pet....

sorry I'm not much help in that area...

Sophia

@Sophia1Yea I'm the same I've always wanted one. But considered what others thought of it. More then myself and what I thought.

What are you honest thoughts about me keeping a python?

I figure it will help me face and deal with all of my fears...

Eude

@Sophia1 did someone sleep in this morning? 😀

@eudemonism wrote:
@Sophia1I seen the doctor today and we organized an appointment to see a new psychiatrist. I'm really optimistic about this. I've got good feelings about this one.

I've finally committed to a doctor I can trust. And with each appointment I'm becoming more comfortable to be open and honest. So we can make as much ground on my illness as possible.

Another thing... I need to be honest and promptly admit when and where I'm wrong. Even though I'm 32 years old. The odd tantrum still does occur. My bad. Nobody else's fault.

Eude

Hello @eudemonism

I have not been doing too well...hence missed a couple of days on the forums I think...

I wanted to respond to this post particularly...

This is an opportunity for moving forward out of the familiar pattern that your life had taken as you have described so often..

The fact that you have found a doctor who you  can trust yourself is huge...That is the hardest part in my eyes...I have had to change doctors several times because of their apathy...

Also you have brought about this change yourself which is a good sign that you are on the road for improvement of your life....

He has also referred you to a new psychiatrist ...another huge plus....you get to start from the beginning and explain that you have felt for so long that noone was listening to you...

There will be hard work ahead...that is the nature of our mind unwellness....committing to that work is the answer for obtaining a new and better life...

I am very proud of you Eude...Cat HappyHeart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance