Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Sharing the wisdom within

Seems like you have had an up and down day all around @eudemonism It is no fun trying to connect with people when you don't feel up to it. Glad you finally got hold of your friend though and had something to eat with your mum. Sounds like you need a quiet night. I am planning on an early night so I can be up early to do a few things before I need to go out.

Yea i do remind myself of how far I've come; but, I've also still got along way to go.
I slept from 11 till 3 and then went to a friend's place to catch up with him, he was entertaining people, he invited me to stay for fish and chips, but after a couple beers, i was feeling very foggy and dull, so i called another friend and caught up with him; his mum invited me to stay for tea, so I accepted. In hindsight I would of been better off going through with the invite to a pizza day... but again, i had no smokes, was feeling very foggy and dull when i got invited this morning, and the prospect of spending 5-6-7 hours with a group of people, where there was food and beverages, didn't really appeal to myself, even though it would of done me good. @Sophia1

@greenpea you must be over in the eastern states? Because we had s storm pass over here in sa a few days ago...

@eudemonism yes I am :).  I love storms at night with all the thunder and the lightning. How are you going tonight Eude? Are you feeling any better?

@Zoe7 it was my mates mum who offered me tea. I didn't write it properly.

lol I got that from your subsequent post @eudemonism That was really nice of her Smiley Very Happy 

@greenpeayea feeling a little more relaxed. I think i need to get back to my faith. Rather then worrying about expectations. What about you? Storms are exciting... i figure everyone, i mean everyone... has expectations... and it's probably great WHEN some people have got other people; who are desperately  trying to live up to their expectations... for acceptance, and because they think it's going to help them... WHEN really it just helps the some people who have expectations...

Yea @Zoe7 it was. I've been invited for tea with them a few times. Where as my own mum/dad resents it when i ask to have tea with them. But then they turn around and spend thousands on a swimming pool, caravans or tractors -they hardly ever use. -i thought the other day... if only my mother had got help for her problems, or raised me differently, while i was still a child, maybe i wouldn't of copped the brunt of the families issues. 

@Zoe7@greenpea@Sophia1

@Shaz51@Former-Member

How are you all doing today?

I'm well rested; but, not very motivated...

@eudemonism Hi Eude I am doing well today. Have done some exercise eaten healthly (with a couple of treats so I don't lose my mind!) and am about to jump into the shower (if I can be bothered that is).

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance