Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Calmblueocean
Senior Contributor

Flu. Can it make you go crazy?

Hi people.  Just seeing if this has happened to anyone else.   Last couple of days i have been a bit listless and today i woke up and knew i have the flu. The whole day i have been totally manic. I can't seem to sit still. I have so much weird energy that i feel shaky and have that awful butterflies in the stomach weird euphoria feeling. Does anyone else get like this if they have the flu?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Flu. Can it make you go crazy?

Hey there @Calmblueocean, this is very interesting. How are you feeling now? I wonder if anyone else has experienced this. Did it level out at all?

Only occurred for exactly one day. The next day i was fine. Very weird. I am going to mention it to my GP. All is well that ends well.

Hi. I am pleased you posted this as I get the same with a cold or flu. My mood lifts and I am very energetic and motivated on the first few days of a virus. It unfortunately passes quickly and then I have double the recovery from the excess movement and activity. I have mentioned this to doctors before who did not think it was in anyway related to mental health but I strongly disagree - in my observations mental and physical health is strongly related. When I am physically off, I am mentally stronger.

I have not had a cold or flu virus in over 2 years now as I am so isolated and do not interact with humans much these days. You are not alone in this experience.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance