Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Meowmy
Senior Contributor

Issues/things already worked through

@eudemonism @Flying_Hams @Former-Member @Zoe7 @greenpea Hello everyone, I think it is important that we affirm and write down issues/things we achieved and already worked through. It would be important for our recovery.

1) I have successfully gone for a walk first time in a month since my knee and feet pains.

2) I have adhered to psychologist for two sessions and worked through a lot of my early life traumas

3) I have found some soothing things to do to calm myself down.

Hope you all affirm your achievements throughout the day.

Take care. Thanks for support.

20 REPLIES 20

Re: Issues/things already worked through

Good on you @Meowmy

Small steps are crucial. I'm happy you are making this change 🙂

Well done @Meowmy 

You really are working on those exercises and now taking a walk ofr the first time in a month with knee and foot pains - excellent

I really identify with the knee pain - that can be hard work - it can take a long time

Those two sessions with the psychologist seem to have been very positive - keep up the good work

And you have been working on self-soothing things too - this is harder than it sounds but we all need to find some way to do it

And keeping track on your progress as well is a brilliant idea - actually these forums are a kind of archive - you are recording your progress here and you can always refer to it yourself

You are doing well - you are becoming a valuable member

Dec

@Owlunar thanks for care and support. It’s so nice. My friend and little son visited whole afternoon. I achieved fun and didn’t get anxiety attack. The forum makes big difference to my mental health. It calms me so much and I find it valuable activity to spend my time.

Hope to go for another walk tomorrow morning.

Have a good evening. Take care.

Hi @Meowmy 

It's so great to hear how the Forum is helping you - it's helping me too -  I used to find it really hard to share the tough bits of my life but I am learning too and it really works and eases the load

So you achieved fun and didn't have an anxiety attack - that sounds fabulous - I guess I had a serve myself with my daughter and son-in-law coming for Hot Cross Buns for breakfast and it was a lovely peaceful day - a really beautiful day weather-wise. We have had some really beautiful days this April.

I had a long walk today too - it was too nice to stay inside and maybe I will tomorrow. 

I had a great day

Dec

@Owlunar @Flying_Hams Thanks for post. Hope you can go for walk soon. The forum is helping me so much to work through my issues. I even hope I can get remission in my depression some time.

Hi again @Meowmy 

The forum can definitely help with depression - I don't have that much now - reactive depression can ease when the cause is removed - other depression can be harder but I think it will go into remission in time - this may be a process. I wish you the best

Dec

@Owlunar @Flying_Hams Thank you for post. My depression seems to be stable,ok for the moment. I have worked through facing the insights of my dysfunctional family. I can’t get up and leave because my mum has dementia. I am so glad to be on the forum. It really helps me.

Dysfunctional families need insight @Meowmy  

We can get up and leave something things and other times people leave for their own reasons but your are right - for now you have your mother's dementia and day by day - day after day - I can't quite imagine that

But one thing you can access is getting some respite care for yourself - it might be okay for now but as life progresses you might really need it and that's okay - to need to have a break I mean 

I am not sure where you would start but other members here might have an idea - and there is always the interet

Dec

Hope you have a nice day @Meowmy
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance