Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Just checking in.

Morning @Mazarita and anyone who might be up. Wondering it you're around Maz, but as usual hoping for you that you're sleeping instead 🙂

Hi and all the best for this season @CheerBear. Bimby2.

Morning @Bimby2 👋

@CheerBear I want to check in but have another busy day. Will catch up when I can. I do have psych appointment this afternoon which means I’ll possibly be AWOL for a bit first. 

Hi @Bimby2 and thank you 😊 Nice to see you around lately. Hope today is a good one for you.

Hope your psych appointment is one of the better/helpful-er (more helpful maybe :face_with_rolling_eyes:) ones for you @Teej 💙

Thanks @CheerBear. For now I’m off to meet a friend for lunch but it’s a bit of a spider web one for me so I’m hoping ok. Friend was affected by ex in huge way one. 

Need to stop procrastinating and go. Catch ya later 💜🤗

good afternoon @Bimby2, lovely to see you Heart

Hello @Teej, @CheerBear, @Mazarita Heart

Hiya @Shaz51. I hope that you are not sweltering so much at the moment. It’s been another few hot days here but not like it was. 

@CheerBear, just thought I’d catch you at kid crazy o'clock 😜😘. Just checking in to see how yesterday went and how a LF is after a big day? Also to see how a mumma bear is travelling with more changes? 

I had full contingent for tea last night and was exhausted after. It was a good vibrant night with lots of banter between the boys and girls were chatty too. I was grateful that they can all get together as adults and enjoy each other’s company. 

Haha @Teej! Hot, slow, tired kind of night for us all here. They're a bit all crashed out (and I'm not sad about that 😉).

Thanks for checking in and asking about yesterday. It was awesome for us all especially big who had a great one. We had our people with us including unwell one who is seriously lucky to have made it to here. There was a speech that made a few eyes have tears and my heart explode and at the end of it all they announced the huge award (a scholarship prize) which my big won 😊. Anything inside I had left that hadn't exploded during speeches, went then 😉. The changes feel a bit less scary after some getting ready for it all stuff so now I'm really just a very proud mumma bear who knows they'll be fine (or as fine as big kids can be at least!).

Funny - tonight they were looking at school supplies online and came across a scientific calculator to which they said "omg that's like the oldest phone evaaaah". I laughed and felt thankful at how much they are also very normal too 😁😆

Great to hear you had a good night last night. I can imagine how awesome it would feel to have a full crew and see them all enjoying each other's company ❤ I know how much that one means to my person too.

How was lunch and your appointment (knowing you might not want to talk about it which I understand)?

hello @Teej, very muggy , and the cyclone has reformed , so in for some more rain -- fingers crossed that is all we get on the weekend

@CheerBearHeart

That’s so lovely to hear @CheerBear about all your proud mumma news. Giggled at the calculator comment. If they end up like my bigs (maths/science) those funny looking phones become as important as their phone....although maybe by the time yours gets there (uni) they’ll be using something different. 

My lunch went ok. It’s always messy in my head after but it could have gone much worse. I think I said something at the end that wasn’t helpful. I possibly need to apologise for. Also it’s a bit in the awkward box because our sons are best mates and playing up a bit together. I know they are adults but it’s still a bit weird cos I feel guilty if they’ve done something a bit naughty. In the scheme of things it’s tame but we both want them to get over this stage. 

My appointment went too fast. I talked to her about feeling betrayed and she got it and understood, but felt that she had a duty to disclose it to my GP. I disagree :face_with_rolling_eyes:. We came up with an agreement that she would consult me about anything like that again first. She said she had deleted it from her letter/summary before she posted it to my file. The rest was ok but I was in emotion mind and so disjointed, distracted and unfocused and didn’t get what I needed from that appointment. It is something I need to work on - how to get the most from my appointments without imploding from the anger and frustration of not moving forward.

There were a few things that got my hackles up as well. She bulldozed through something without knowing all the facts. I’m going to sit down soon and spew out all the stuff I need to on paper (otherwise known as my iPad in my world) soon to follow up with. I don’t see her till next year now and it will test me to the max holding this all in and going over it over and over again. 

Also put my big girl pants on and asked someone from my group today if they wanted to catch up in the holidays, they seemed really keen to. No it’s not a nice smelling one 😝. She’s someone who I think I will have lots in common with. 

Thats my wrap. Bit of a rave really. Lost my crazies for now at least 😄

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance