Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Living with Ourselves

I am not really sure to be perfectly honest @Flying_Hams

Thank you for asking though...very lovely...

I think that when it all gets too much...we need to step back somehow...accept that is where we are...allow the tears...yes they are flowing...better out than in...

Life can be so overwhelming at times..

When I went for a walk earlier...I received a wave and hello from a man whom I did not know...I said hello back...

I was looking through the local antique..gift...garden places and noticed him standing in a doorway of one of the antique shops talking to the owner...I overheard the conversation and thought to myself this man is lonely..

Later when walking home I met him again on the other side of the road...He started a conversation again and crossed over..He asked me if I lived locally and I said yes...He told me that he had moved from another state where the people had changed and were not as friendly...they did not return his hellos...I replied that that was not very sociable at all..

He then told me that he does volunteer work with the homeless...walks up and down saying hello and waving and people here are friendly..

I thought how lovely...

He walked me to my door...shook my hand and told me that it was lovely to meet me..

I know that some would say I might have put myself in danger...

I trusted my tuition and felt for him...

I could be wrong...I have made poor judgements of people in the past...

However I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt..

What do you think? Was I being silly?

I just felt that I struggle so much to get out...here was a person who was trying to be friendly with people...isn't that life?

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Sophia1Heart

I totaly enjoyed doing that, & reading others experience, If you have any more like that, please include me again. It really made me think, & I need some distractions in my mind, at the moment!

Love & Hugs!

Bella xo Woman Happy

oh bless you @Former-Member

I love to do things that are different...

look at things that are different..

I like to post images that appeal as well..

I will continue to tag you of course..

thank you for appreciating ....💚

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thank you @Former-Member

so very true...

enjoy your imaginary journey through the door on the right to a magical haven for you and your fur babies...

🙌

I really struggle with the range of emoticons...not my thing really anyway...💛

Former-Member
Not applicable

I empathise with you @Sophia1 I am struggling with my body pain, & the stiff back, neck, & knees, & left hand, at the moment, too. Unless one goes though this, it really is hard for others to understand. Believe me when I say to you, I understand!Woman SadHeart

Some how we will get through this, I believe that!

Love & Hugs! Heart

Yes you are right...

@Former-Member

my back is worse after going for a walk...I could feel it when I was walking..

It makes me so upset because walking has been my lifeline for most of my life...

So I must not give up...

there are others on here with long term chronic pain also...

Your injuries make mine pale in comparison..yet you show empathy towards me ....

I get so tired of having to justify why I cannot do something..

people see me and assume that I am fine...

some family members are actually put out that I do not fit in with their needs...

Yes we will get though this...we will not stop believing that...💜

time to prepare dinner all

@Former-Member

I will be on here at some stage tomorrow...

husband off with sport then going straight to a family party....(I can't do nights yet) ...

so I shall be home alone..

might have a music party with self....

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Sophia1HeartWoman Happy

I loved walking, I walked long distance daily for years, My fitness level was high. I loved to lift light weights, I had a Membership at the Local Gym. I danced & was happy, even though I had lost so much material possessions, & family in my life. Then just like a Bomb I lost the ability to be mobile, & free to live my life Chronic painless, & all of my friends, because I could no longer fit in with them.

Then Spinal surgery without proper human love, & support. I am standing now, No More Loss!

You & I Will get back our health, I am standing with you Sophia, 2 can stand STRONG! 

Amen! HeartHeartWoman Very Happy

@Sophia1i am a little short on words after a rather big day but i wanted to leave you this... Heart Heart 

breathe1.jpgth14SMJCJO.jpgthGLZD3JID.jpg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance