Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self care by growing a garden

Feeling pleased this afternoon with more cleanup done out in the garden with the only glitch being arriving at the dump to discover they close at 4 🤬 used to be 6am - 6pm not long ago.  So one trailer loaded and ready to go and another big pile through the chipper.

Didn't get a before pic but branches were about 2m out and almost down to the concrete.Didn't get a before pic but branches were about 2m out and almost down to the concrete.

Looks so much better and has given me a buzz actually achieving something in the yard. 

Looks like that has opened up the bed underneath @Determined, are you planning on putting something in particular there?

I did a bit of pruning too - made good progress but came in when a bee seemed to take offence at my presence. Went out a bit later noticed, finished off a section but stopped when I spotted two nests in the bushes. 

There are already nice ground cover plants in there @Former-Member that have not been able to flourish under the cover of the overgrowth  

I have no idea when it comes to plants but friends darling had visit recon someone has spent a lot on the gardens around the place. 

A bit of mulch can really finish things off @Determined. I have noticed you can do heaps of work,  all unnoticed until the finishing layer is put on. 

You could give @Smc & I the challenge of identifying what plants you have. 😀

I look forward to posting individual pics as I uncover things @Former-Member @Smc ☺

At the moment I can't see where one plant ends and the next starts, just one big jungle mess.

images (26).jpeg

images (12).jpeg

images (64).jpeg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance