Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Thought that was the case @Determined but you mentioned setting up boys beds.

One house down, one to go

*sigh

Trust MIL managed ok. 

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Boys slept on the floor last night @Former-Member

(On a mattress). We were all so tired though  we could have slept on concrete and it would have been comfortable. 

Mum in law very flat. Really hoping she can pick up with some rest. 

Mum inlaw has gone back to the hospital this morning 🙁    I'm not surprised but it does concern me as to what the near future holds. 

At least we are closer now to better support Dad.  

Everything at once @Determined. 😞  But yeah, being closer should be a help all around.

@Determined ... sending ever so gentle thoughts your way.

Thanks @Former-Member @Smc

Mum was actually sent home late this afternoon after a thorough check up with some pain relief and told to take it easy for the next 6 to 8 weeks.  I got home from a short trip out for some essential items from our old place and found her out back building a chook run with Dad.  I was pleased thought that she accepted a dinner invitation so she did not have to cook and clean up afterwards.

I am happy not to have to go in to work this week as I am on a really short fuse and feeling weepy all the time. Can't work out where my emotions are at the moment 😞

Have another follow up counseling appointment tomorrow to continue to work through some of this.

Trust things are as well as they can be for you both, finding it hard to get on and keep up with evefyone at the moment but thinking of all my friends here.

I can thoroughly relate to your MIL getting stuck into doing something. I'm a rotten patient myself, and would rather not be twiddling my fingers in bed. 🙂 Pass on a best wishes/get well from me please?

@Determined

Now is a busy time for you Bro, please don't worry if you cannot keep up with other threads.

Do keep talking though, acknowledging your emotions is the first step in doing something towards learning to cope better and if needed to learn how to modulate them.  We all have things we need to work through and it takes courage to admit that one has a short fuse. I suspect there might be a lot of hurt bubbling below the surface and  I will continue to pray especially for you in relation to this as you work through things with your counselor. 

Hope you make it to your medical appt this week and that things get sorted at home in a timely manner.

Found out this afternoon that we only have 1 week to get our old place empty and cleaned not 2.   Good thing I checked. 

That was the original date but I thought it had been extended. Confused but over it and not trying to understand. Will be glad when it is all done and finished.

wow @Determined, walking with you , wishing I was with you to help xxxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance