Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

@Determined can understand your darling wanting things done, each time we have moved, I have thought it an opportunity to have things sparkling, readily accessible and easy to find 😀

Hearing you though that your up and go has all but up and gone and here to support you Bro. If you cannot face doing the shed as a job lot,  are you able to deal with one box a week, ensuring that everything from it gets put into place before starting on the next one?

images (18).jpeg

@Smc I was thinking exactly the same thing 😀 

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Thanks @Former-Member

We have ordered a new book shelf this morning that will take care of s few boxes (shed and garage) I have an assessment due at the end if next week and have promised darling that dad and I will be on to the shed after that 😁.

Thanks @Former-Member

We have ordered a new book shelf this morning that will take care of a few boxes (shed and garage) I have an assessment due at the end if next week and have promised darling that dad and I will be on to the shed after that 😁.

I managed to find a trailer load of random stuff for my mum this morning. Better on her shed than mine lol 😂  we also have some furniture to go to her house next time one of my brothers are visiting. 

A lot more stuff she wanted had 'accidentally' ended up in the dump pile so I am happy with the progress we are making. 

When I look at how much is in our garage and shed I cant see how we possibly fit so much in our previous house. 

My goal is for our garage and shed to look as nice as Darcys pic above. 

Things are more than  a little tense in our house this tonight. Settlement on our new house has been delayed by a further 2 weeks and darling is not coping very well at all 😖

Mum and Dad inlaw got a front row seat view this afternoon on how dysfunctional our communication skills are when we are both stressed.  Unfortunately I am irritable and reactive at the moment and did not handle darlings anxiety very well at all. 

On the self care front I was able to go out for lunch with a friend.

I had initially cancelled but decided to go out anyway and glad I did. 

Catching up on what's been happening @Determined. Seems as if you are selling your home. Appears to be a bit of that going on amongst Forum members.

How's the family, uni, life in general?

I have updated my story briefly and have tagged you.

Hi @soul great to hear from you.

Yes we have sold our home and moved closer to town. Settlement of our new home is dragging out more than it should but we are living in it at least.  Living where we are now  I have been able to do a lot more walking which has been good. More detail in my self care walking and cycling thread

Well I am glad to say today is going better than yesterday. Darling and I are at least talking to each other.   We spent most of yesterday communicating by text message and I was avoiding Darling to prevent a major crisis.

I am not coping at all well at the moment even though outwardly I am mostly holding it together. Well doing my best to anyway.  (Depends on who you ask lol). 

Feelings of loneliness, being un wanted, rejected, useless etc have been re triggered 😕

I am safe though so don't want to worry anyone... just need to vent rather than bottle things up. Would like to go for a long hard bike rude to burn off some negative energy but don't want to leave darling alone with the children atm. (She would not harm them. Just not copeing with them at the moment). 

Rant over... hope everyone else is having a nice day. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance