Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Ohhh, he has had a haircut - silver lining - perhaps he is a bit cooler in the heat @Determined.

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Have given the little lady a haircut now also @Former-Member

We usually do at the start of summer just not that short lol.  Cooler but also makes tick maintenance a lot easier. We have lost a couple of dogs to ticks so a bit jumpy about that. 

It all grows back thankfully.

Thankfully no ticks where we are @Determined

Have been thinking about your anticipatory grief and concerns - not sure if they are appropriate or if they have anyone that could help specifically for family members with mental health issues -  but have you looked into any cancer council resources? 

https://www.cancercouncil.com.au/cancer-information/carers/caring-for-someone-with-advanced-cancer/a...

Had not thought of that @Former-Member

Thanks for the link I will definatly look it up.

Was kind of hoping the councillor would have been more help with strategies but ended up a talk fest. Wasn't not helpful but did not get what I went for. 

Heading out to work Christmas dinner tonight so will be offline until late. 

Trust dinner went well @Determined

It was a lovely evening @Former-Member.

Nice genuine people to be around. 

glad to hear you had a good night last night @Determined Smiley Very Happy

Managed a 1/2 hour bike ride this ave. Mum came over after a trip to town for supplies. 

About 20 min  twisty up and down road and 10 min back down the pothole they call highway 1. Loved it 😁   Definatly a good source of stress and anxiety release. 

Much needed as things a little tense here atm...  hope I am wrong but sense darling on the edge of a meltdown 😖   This is most likely due to children approaching school holidays and having to find activities to keep them occupied and getting along with each other.  

Worry about mum in law would not be helping but believe children on holidays is the biggest source of tension.   Already had  a conflict this ave between S1 and friend of S2 who is staying over which reinforces the worry of approaching holidays (for darling). 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance