Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Worry Room - Get it out, and walk away: No responses please

@Snowie ❤

I've been thinking about my hyracy of needs over the past few weeks. And there's definitely problems in the social areas. Meaning. Friends. Family. Feeling connected. I've worked out there's always stress involved with this area of my needs because I'm having to reach out and go looking for it. I'm having to adjust and adapt myself to others and deal with social dramas and dilemmas to fulfill my needs.

I worry i dont know how to just be a normal human. Right now i dont feel very human despite my efforts to reduce my triggers and manage my ever changing  moods. I struggle alot to communicate with people on a normal level. I dont know what a life is outside mental health anymore. It is ruling  the roost.

Fuck I am sick of being me. I hope it's ok to swear here 'cos I need to. No-one else is angry I'm the disgusting angry woman. I am so sick of feeling enraged and depressed at the same time. I don't fit in anywhere. I met some people thru volunteering who are so unwell that they are house-bound or hospitalised for MI regularly. I dont' fit in there becuase I don't think MI is a way of life and I don't think psychosis is a laughing matter, it's deadly serious and seriously awful. But then my regular friends I don't fit in either because they have no psychological issues or they claim to have anxiety and despression but aren't even on medication & work full time and seem to not have any symptoms whatsoever so I feel like they're fakers and I'm the real thing. I'm really disabled by mood and mind and mental illness every day from the momnet I wake up to the moment I try (and it has to be medicated for me to sleep at all and even then it's fitful) to sleep. SO sick of not belonging anywhere and not having anywhere I can be me. All I do is complain and most of what I fell is irritation or rage but what else can I do?

I don't know how to distinguish between feeling lonely or just feeling sad. But I suppose it doesn't matter.

My support button isn't working. @TheVorticon @outlander @BryanaCamp @eudemonism hearing you.

I worry I’m going to ruin everything because of my meds being reduced. I’m beginning to feel odd.

It's not that it's Easter, and its definitely not Christmas. How can you try so hard and not have a breakthrough?

Is there something worse than shame? Just being near anyone can set off the triggers of " not good enough". I know there is no worse critic than our own internal voice, but sometime it does come very close.

How do you break free of bring used? How on earth do some of us ever join the human race?

The wheels are falling off. I'm still on the wagon though.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance