Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: not feeling good

It's a painful exhausting experience @BlueBay. And you are doing well. All the best for hospital stay.  Work hard and make the most of the experience. ❤

Thanks guys for love and support @utopia@Zoe7@Shaz51@Owlunar@Razzle@Faith-and-Hope ❤️❤️❤️

@BlueBay 💙

Hi everyone 

after yesterday’s hard session with my psychologist I slept like a log. So exhausted. 

I’ve packed my suitcase and just waiting to go. Normally one if the kids would drop me down but the boys are at work snd my D is busy. So I will drive down snd hubby will come down this afternoon with one of the boys to pick up car. 

Last night:

I phoned Telstra to organise phone bill.

i phoned gas dnd electricity company dnd organised financial hardship assistance. We are now on a plan. Hubby will ask if he csn lend us a few hundred dollars snd then the payment plsn will be less yo pay.

now have to organise bank. Will email the lending manager to see what assistants the bank can give us. 

@outlander@utopia@Zoe7@Shaz51@Owlunar@Faith-and-Hope@Razzle

That is all very positive @BlueBay and must be a weight off your mind to have organised - so well done You. I hope this hospital stay helps - you were certainly seeming to be spiralling further down over many weeks so I am pleased that you are getting the additional help. Keep us updated on how it is going Hon. Heart

@Owlunar  Crutches are awkward, they started me on the ones that kind of wrap around your elbows, (this was Sat night at the first hospital) I couldn’t balance on them at all - plus they were too short.   Went back to the hossie about an hour later and swapped for the ones that go under your arms - much better.  My chest is so sore now though from the muscles you use when on the crutches.  

I was able to leave A & E straight after the cast was put on.  I have to do some follow up blood tests this week though and take some tablets for the first 14 days until fracture clinic, then it’s reassessed and hopefully straight into a fibre glass cast.

My husband is doing laundry at the moment after fluffing my pillows and offering to get breakfast, I like this new side to him, I hope it lasts.

@BlueBay  Oh it sounds like you have made some very positive (and very hard) steps forward.  The session you described with your therapist would have been so exhausting.  I had a session with my councillor yesterday (he is in the same town that I went to the bigger hospital for X-rays and to get the cast put on).  He has been saying for the last few sessions that I need to do exactly what you just did - I need to “explode”, yell, scream, punch, cry - whatever I need to start breaking down the massive wall I have built around me.  Therapy is chipping away at the wall, but I’ve been building it for 40years and it’s going to need an explosion to knock it down.  I agree with him, but that explosion can’t be planned, I can’t just turn that level of emotion on like a switch.  He said it will happen, and when it starts I just have to let it happen, not shut down and hold it all in, it’s the only real way to move forward.  

I’m so glad to hear you have contacted the energy companies and now have a plan, that must have eased some of your stress - more positive steps forward.

I hope you get plenty of rest in hospital and that they take very good care of you.  I haven’t known you very long, but it sounds like you have been in this situation before and have come out the other side the victor, as will be the case this time around.

You have been in my thoughts quite often these past few days, take care my wonderful friend ❤️❤️

Good planning @BlueBay. Getting it all organised will take a weight off of your shoulders. 

Hi @BlueBay

In spite of the exhaustion you have been feeling you are actually achieving a lot - and having to be the financial manager of your household finances is a big job and you are doing it - and I did the same and know how tough it is when your husnband does not pull his weight in that area - 

So yes - I can see that you are strong even though you can't - I have a really good feeling about this trip into hospital - you have built up a firmer base of dealing with your concerns - when you write in the forums it is like a journal you are okay about sharing and it gives us an idea about your progress - and you are in the middle and we can see from the outside - 

But you have been dealing with the utility companies and your bank - they want your business and will help in many ways - you have not ignored your situation as some people do - rather you have been stressing - not good - but also acting - which is good - and you need this rest away from everything - 

Take your time - don't hurry yourself out of there - work on getting the anger about the abusers out from inside you where it only drags you down and get it to a place where you can see it hurts a lot - sure - but it is in the past - 

You have a very understanding therapist there - I know the therapy you are likely to be having and it really works although going through it is really hard

Dec

Hi @Razzle

I'm really glad your husband is pillow fluffing and brekky bringing - I guess he can see and understand the crutches and the cast - and it will be tough with the crutches

I used the elbow crutches when I need to - but you can't weight-bear on one leg easily - it takes a lot of arm-strength to do that - and yet they under-arm crutches might be easier to manage but they mean you are using muscles in your chest as you can tell - and it takes time to get used to them - 

You can find just about anything in clip artYou can find just about anything in clip art

Get all the rest you can while the pillow fluffing is happening - aw - I know what hard work crutches are..............

Dec

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance