Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: self care -- Food, Salt , Sugar , Water

No improvement in digestion so far @Former-Member

I have great difficulty eating enough on any given day.

Especially since much of it goes undigested.

I have picked up some of my lost weight, but it's taken me 3 years (since last surgery) to do that.

I'm now just a few Kgs below my healthy weight range - my weight prior to surgeries.

I lost about 12 Kg in hospital, almost 1/4 of my entire body weight (there wasn't much left).

Adge

Getting close to healthy weight range = 😀  @Adge

I have lost 2kg so far @Former-Member

Hello @Adge, @Time, @Faith-and-Hope, @Former-Member, @Appleblossom, @outlander, @PeppiPatty, @soul, @Determined, @Smc

next week I am going to a Diabetes information day Smiley Happy

The dieticain wants me to cut back on pasta

Hey @Shaz51 @Time

I used to love making pasta.  It was a no brainer, my goto recipes for when exhausted, but now we are on a low carb protocol.  Eventually I get to use up all the pasta and fancy rices in the house. Hmmmm. 

Smiley Happy

Good on you @Adge and @Former-Member re ideal weights.

We are not putting on much at the moment so thats as good as it gets here.

Cheers ALL

I need to eat lots more pasta (& carbs) - because my vegie diet has always been very low in carbs (high in fibre).

That's possibly partly why it's taken me 3 years to gain some of my weight back.

Good luck with the Diabetes info session @Shaz51

I've been borderline to Diabetes several times (for months). So I'm am hoping very much not to develop Diabetes.

Adge

I wish @Appleblossom, it is Mr Darcy who has the improvement not me ... hoping I am not putting on 😀.

With Mr shaz the same @Former-Member, @Appleblossom , that is why he thinks the meds are making him put on weight 

I've been borderline to Diabetes several times (for months). So I'm am hoping very much not to develop Diabetes.-- I hope you don`t either @Adge

start doing small things now to lower you sugar level

Instead of sugar , I use Splenda now

I don`t drink soft drink, cordial , chocolate

I use low fat custard, and lite Jelly

my sugar levels have gone down which the Gp is happy but they they want to to go a step forward

but I am one only one meds for diabetes which is good

Hello @Former-Member, @Appleblossom, @Time, @Faith-and-Hope, @Determined, @outlander, @greenpea

I realy need to get serious about my diet changes. Went to gp last week for results of scope. Turns out I now have barrett's esophagus syndrome. (Damage caused by chronic reflux and gerd). 

images (49).jpeg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance