Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

CherryBomb
Senior Contributor

Another year done, so what's next?

I'm not one for New Year's resolution, but when the year ends I do like to take a moment to pause to reflect over the past year, and to think about what my hopes are for the next year.

For me, this achievement this year was being able to do yoga consistently for one year. I started it, hoping that I would learn a bit about discipline, and one year later, I'm pleased to say that, thanks to an amazing teacher, I've learned about devotion, and practice several times a week.

In 2016, I'm hoping to continue with yoga, and applying it's lesson to everyday life - being calm in the face of adversity, laughing at myself, and being kind to myself and others. 

What about you? What are your highlights and achievements of 2015 and their hopes for 2016?

161 REPLIES 161

Re: Another year done, so what's next?

Hi CB,
I'm thankful 2015 is coming to an end, we survived and I'm kind of proud of being strong enough to get through the criminal trial, and 'winning' at least part of it... Though it hasn't made a huge difference seemingly. But I survived!

2016 is going to be about getting back into life - returning to work, sorting finances out and enjoying life (that should be first...) and my first goals to make life more enjoyable are to improve my sleep and go to Pilates once a week for myself (I used to love it).

Bring on 2016 🙂
Lj

I'm proud of you too for what you've gotten through this year @Former-Member. Here's to enjoying life, work, and sorting and finances and pilates in 2016!

others might have abandoned ship @Former-Member, you should be proud.

hmmm...

thinking...

I am proudest of my family and their ability to overcome personal fears, and take on challenges that may occur only once in a life time!

I'm proudest of my ability to keep the bigger goal in mind as I creep towards it, when others may have lost motivation and given up.

I also said I wouldn't do more, or put my hand up for additional things towards the end of the year, and you know what it felt good! Resolution, to practice this more Smiley LOL

Oh and to reduce the chocolate intake in my life, lol!

Looking back over 2015, I'm happiest about:

• living peacefully with my partner
  • walking on the beach very regularly for most months
  • taking some strides out of reclusive social habits

What I most hope for in 2016:

• more of the good things that have gone down in 2015
  • continued improvement in domestic habits
  • continued efforts to give up smoking

It's the basic things I've most got my eye on. Cat Happy

My biggest achievement in 2015 has been finding a job that I like and resigning from a job that I didn’t like. I also moved house on new years’ eve last year and feel grateful to have spent 2015 in a nice, homely home. Both these things have made me feel more focused which is nice. 

I’m hoping to open myself up to new challenges in 2016, although I’m not sure exactly how or what just yet. I think I might also borrow a little from others and try to focus on enjoying life like @Former-Member and being calm and kind and laughing at myself like @CherryBomb

I’d love to hear what others are hoping for in 2016, or what has been achieved in 2015: @Jacques@MoonGal@hiddenite@Appleblossom@PeppiPatty, @Former-Member, @misstiramisu@Chris and all you other lovely forum-ites Smiley Happy

2015 I am thankful for @hiddenite finding me again, and renewing our friendship, and meeting all you wonderful people on this forum, thank you for all being so welcomming 🙂

next year I am hoping for more of the same 🙂

Well 2015 has been a very very tough year for me... 

I moved into a stressful living situation at the end of 2014 & away from all my running club friends - I moved from the city to the country & this year I have been trying to adjust. I had two hospitalisations - one for 6 weeks & another for 2 weeks (in the 2 week period my psychiatrist tried to convince me to have ECT, but I refused & I'm thankful she listened - as ECT in 2006 caused significant, permanent memory loss) I am grateful I found a psychiatrist willing to help me gradually reduce my medications this year. Therefore, I reduced my antipsychotic dose from maximum dose, in three very difficult increments. I am grateful that I stopped self medicating with the benzo I take & now take a steady dose in the evenings, which prevents a roller coaster of emotions (I initiated this!) I am grateful I am now antidepressant free - even if I am now on a mood stabiliser instead - it seems to have less of a numbing effect. I am grateful for my 12th year with my partner & that when our relationship got very 'shaky' & almost ended a few months ago, I made an appointment with a relationship counsellor & things were 'sorted' (even if I do still feel the relationship counsellor blamed my mental illnesses...but at least he referred me to Partners in Recovery who found me a psychologist who does CBT for Psychosis & I am grateful for that) I am grateful for three furchildren coming into my life (thanks to my 'mother in law' who wants to breed them) - one would of been enough! 2 even - it is cute how they play fight, groom 'kiss' each other & snuggle up to each other! 3 is a handful! I am grateful for the running I did in the first half of the year & in 2016 I plan to gain back my running fitness. I am grateful for making yoga so routine in my life for the last 3 months & plan to continue into 2016 & like @CherryBomb try to incorporate the principles & philosophy of yoga into my life. My partner & I are planning a trip around Australia in 2016!! My partner got some money in a settlement due to  a work injury he sustained in 2011 & he brought a bus, which he is making into a motorhome. I haven't talked about it before, as I'm still scared we will run out of money & he will not be able to complete it & therefore the adventure won't happen... My biggest hopes for 2016 is that I will go on an adventure around Australia, that I will be able to run 10km's comfortably again & I will make new, genuine friends. I would also love to run my 2nd half marathon & reduce my medications further, but most of all I'm just hoping for an easier year in 2016! I'm so glad 2015 is almost over & I hope for less hospital, less depression, less sucidality, less anxiety, less psychotic symptoms, less stress & more love, friendship, running, yoga, stability, hope, adventures, beach in 2016.... Cheers! 

I also read apx 25 books!! 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance