Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Jackie1
New Contributor

Anxiety is ruining my life

Hey there. not sure where to start, I have had a very traumatic life that has involved parent neglect and another just up and leaving, a very abusive 12 year relationship, a chronic illness and the loss of two very close people to horrific tragic incidents. I've been feeling the best I ever have in the last 2 years thanks to diet and exercise. I even let myself be open to love - which for me is very hard. we met and fell in love immediately - in just two months we have discussed our future life together etc, he lives with his kids and separated wife.... I chose to go into it with an open heart and all of a sudden he has ghosted me - I honesty feel like I am 7 again when my father left. I have kept my anxiety in check but I feel so out of control I am scared. is there free counselling available in Perth?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Anxiety is ruining my life

@Jackie1
Hi. Scroll down several posts to my thread #anxiety, how I overcame it.

That might help. I dont know of any servives in Perth. You could start with your GP.

WK

Re: Anxiety is ruining my life

Hi Jackie1,

A very warm welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

What a difficult situation you are in at the moment. I can understand how what has happened in your new relationship has triggered the feelings you had when your father left. It's great that you have reached out for support here on the forums and that you are looking into counselling to get on top of anxiety. Here is some information on low-cost counselling services in Perth:

Low cost psychological counselling services are provided at Edith Cowan University in Joondalup, Curtin University in Bentley, Murdoch University in Murdoch and The University of Western Australia in Nedlands.  These are the training clinics for the postgraduate Psychology students (eg Masters or Doctoral students) so is charged at a lower cost (usually around $15 per session).

Alternatively you can access low cost counselling through Centrecare, Anglicare / Kinway and Relationships Australia, who have a range of locations across the Perth metro area.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance