Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Newstart
New Contributor

I am still struggling

I have depression.  It never goes away . I have experienced severe psychological abuse all my life. DV as a child and my exhusband did the most horrendous things to me. 

I am stuck in a rut where each day i think i would be so free of the nightmares if I would just die.

I have to find a way to cope. I am finding it pretty tough. I have a full on business and i don't have time to see anyone. I don't have a dr. I find it difficult to open up to anyone face to face. I don't have a support system. I have had awful things done to me. I have a lot of things to be grateful for but I get overwhelmed by the horrors of the past abuse and many things trigger me into such severe depression i am finding that i am struggling to just cope. I feel embarrassed about it. 

I have lived by the 3 day rule everyday but I need some help so i can move on and not want to die every day 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: I am still struggling

Hi @Newstart

Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing your story.

You may find it useful to use the search function and look for stories that is meaningful for you. Also, if you use the @mention function, the member you mentioned will receive an email like the one I sent you.

There are many caring and helpful members here at the forum, I hope you will find the forum useful.

All the best.

SleepyPanda

Hi @Newstart,

Welcome to the forums,

I'm so sorry to hear how full on it's been for you and you've done so well to reach out for support. If you're having thoughts of suicide it's really important to talk with somebody about how you're feeling. We've sent you an email with some information on how to connect with support. As a reminder, if at any time you're concerned about your safety please contact Lifeline on 13 11 14, Suicide Callback Service on 1300 659 467, or 000 in an emergency. You might also like to connect with 1800RESPECT around seeking support to move through your experience of DV and trauma. Look after yourself @Newstart and hope to see you around the forums 🌻

Hi Newstart, its Wenna the weekend moderator.  Just checking in, I am going to email you some extra supports.  

Wenna

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance