Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Living with PTSD (Potentially Triggering Material)

Hi @Maggie I just listened to the video you sent me by Shania Noll. Its lovely, thanks so much. I really am struggling tonight, so its much appreciated. 

My psych session was difficult and we covered a lot, including my recent increase in suicidal thoughts. I told her how upset I had felt when our previous apt had been posponed. She was understanding, apologetic and concerned. She wanted to see me within 2 weeks. But I explained my apt with my GP to approve my next  4 MHCP sessions wasnt until 27th Sept, so we made our apt for the day after.

But now that my GP apt is cancelled, I dont know what to do. I'm starting to freak out! I feel sick, triggered, defeated by circumstances and by life in general.

Should I call my GP office back in the morning and agree to see one of the other Drs in the practice? My own GP is the owner of the practice and is always hard to get an apt with. I cant go through everything all over again with someone else though, I just cant. Even in the most general terms.

I just dont know any more. Yes I am primarily a carer, but to be the best I can be, I also need personal support from appropriate medical professionals. I cant do this on my own any more. I dont know why they keep cancelling out on me. Its not me who made the apt, its them. And I've spent the past 3-4 weeks arranging all hubbys apts around this commitment. And they ring up at 6pm and expect me to reschedule at the drop of a hat? They plainly dont realise that it is not that simple.

Sorry ... demented and fed up rant over.

@Shaz51@Former-Member @Zoe7 @Faith-and-Hope

Sherry 😩

ohhhhh big hugs @Former-Member HeartHeart

Can you ask your GP to leave some details for this other GP just so they can approve the next 4 MHCP sessions @Former-Member - that might be an option so you can still see your psych.

@Former-Member This is awful. Is it at all possible to let them know how hard they are making your situation??? You so very much need these appointments. Definitely ring first thing this morning and get into anyone, they should have some details already without you having to go into it all again. Oh @Former-Member I can hear you struggle and pain, way too much for one person to go through alone. We are all here with and for you, if you can hang onto us, please do, we all have a good well used grip. If you can, let us know how you get on. Talk to us @Former-Member warm thoughts dear lady. 💜💜💜💜💕💕💕💕🐾🐾🐾🐾

Any news @Former-Member. Hope are you holding out.???? 💜💜💜🐾🐾🐾

Hi @Maggie.  Hey .. thanks for thinking of me and for your messages.

Yeah, I'm okay I guess.  All that my psych and I spoke about yesterday is still churning through my head, but I'm a little better than I was.

I rang my GP practice this morning and apologised for being so pathetic last night when they rang.  I was quite short with the receptionist who rang last night.  Woman Embarassed  I explained that I'd had a 'damned awful' day, that I was really upset about the cancelled appointment as I had planned so many other apts around it, and when they rang at 6pm I was preparing dinner.  No excuse to be rude of course, but it is an explanation.

Anyway I now have an appointment next week with one of the new registrars at the practice. They assure me she will be able to do whatever it is that I require, and that my GP will leave whatever information on file that she may need.  Hope so ..........

How are you @Maggie?  Is it becoming any easier for you there?  Are you handling the new medication okay?

Hi also to @Zoe7 @Shaz51 @Faith-and-Hope @Former-Member @Sophia1  I hope you are all well, and coping with life.

Sherry Heart

So pleased you rang back and have an appointment with someone @Former-Member - that should ease your mind a little - especially since you need the referral for the next 4 MHCP sessions and you are seeing your psych next week also. 

I hope your evening is a bit better now that that has been arranged Hon Heart

@Former-Member I don't think you were rude at all. Medical people need to understand the pressure they can put people under, after all, it's their chosen profession. Well done one getting back in touch this morning and fingers crossed it goes smoothly.

Its had, but talking things through has a delayed response. Things surface and churn and can seem worse for awhile, it does settle, you know that, it's just waiting for things to settle that's hard.

Im not doing well @Former-Member and there's talk of returning to hospital. I'm not going there, but they can take out an order, which gives me no choice. Just sitting tight and holding on atm. Looks like we both are. Mags is okish but nervous, we will get there in time.

Can you put your feet up tonight and watch a bit of tv???? Even star gaze for awhile if it's a clear sky. I'll wave at you so see if you can catch the wave. Warm thoughts dear lady. And lots of these.💜💜💜💕💕🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

Thanks @Zoe7, yes I am somewhat relieved about the apt next week. My psych apt is the week after. I got in to the registrar sooner than my original (cancelled) apt with my usual GP. 

Sherry 💜

Very much thinking of you @Former-Member Heart At least that is one less thing for you to have to worry about. It is great that that has worked out well for you. I know it doesn't help with everything else you are dealing with but one little win can mean so much to us sometimes. Smiley Very Happy Heart

Hi @Maggie I can hear things are not going too well for you either - holding you close in my heart too dear Maggie Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance