Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Flying_Hams
Community Guide

Making order out of chaos

hey forum

I think this a thread that I want to make because it is inspired by a book I'm reading at the moment

I think there is a lot of chaos in our lives due to mental illness so I think making a forum on things that work for us would be a good idea

I will start with an example from self care:

When I feel overwhelmed and worried and concerned about myself and my life I always must remember that I am better than where I ever was about 7 months ago

162 REPLIES 162

Re: Making order out of chaos

What a great idea for a thread @Flying_Hams! Sounds like your book is an interesting read. 🙂

thanks @Queenie

btw do you know how to tag everyone from the forums who regularly uses it?
It has happened to me before and i think its an effective way of doing it

Hi @Flying_Hams and @Queenie, I agree this thread sounds cool. Like you, Hamsolo, I often compare my life to what it was at earlier times, how much more painful, troubled, angry, insecure and unsustainable everything felt when I was younger and at lots of different times through my life. And this makes me appreciate things better now, even though they are not that great in some ways. A natural kind of gratitude is the kind of feeling I get. My psychiatrist also tells me to compare myself to myself, not to other people, which seems like a good idea too.

Hey @Flying_Hams, I'm not sure there's any magic button or way of tagging everyone, it's just a case of typing everyone out manually (could be wrong though). Tagging everyone is quite tricky therefore as some people may be missed. I usually tag the people who use the forums the most and then go from there. @outlander or @Phoenix_Rising or @Shaz51 often tag multiple people so might know better....

I just go off memory and type it up as i go sometimes ill make a list on word document @Queenie @Flying_Hams

Hi @Flying_Hams and @Queenie , I agree this thread sounds cool.

Hello @outlander, @Mazarita xxxxx

Fair enough @Queenie

@Mazarita its funny what you say there about comparisons to yourself because that's another topic in the book. Only compare yourself to who you were yesterday and not who someone else is today.

Very wise words I think. That's also the only type of comparison we can do that will guarantee our improvement

thanks @Shaz51

hey all

welcome to this new thread

i tried to figure out how best to tag all people on here

so here we are

hope you find it useful

@Phoenix_Rising@CheerBear@Queenie@Snowie@frog@Sans911@SunShower@candycane@lola@Teej@lisajane@utopia@Bella@Bimby2@Mazarita@Niqueeta1@eth@Zoe7@Faith-and-Hope@Darcy@Determined@Sherry@Shaz51@Appleblossom@Hamsolo01@BabyDragon@Bella3@Bella1978@Catcakes@Messygirl@Jojo2@Smc@5-HT@Ant7@Sophia1@lapses@Dec@Pebbles@Lunar@SleepyPanda@Moderator @NikNik@Lauz@Adge@-Enigma-@greenpea

@Flying_Hamscopying and pasting doesnt work. you have to individually type it. 

i made a suggestion up above on how to tag lots of people- not sure if you seen it or not.... 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance