Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Ham
New Contributor

a life of tragedy and pain

every day my  family suffers with depression 

we have had a lot of tragedies in the family, so many that its like something unbelivable just when we things were starting to get better another major tragedy happened the worst tragedy of all.

two of our Adult children suffer from severe depression every day I live with the fear if they are going to be here tomorrow

me and my wife also suffer with depression from when we were very young and still today due to lots of tragedies that have happened to us.

three of our adult childrens have tried to take their lifes previously its very difficult livng with fear every day

I'm tired of living with fear every day, every day its like a sadness that never goes away.

I find it very hard to sleep at night 

me my wife and two of our children have ended up in mental hospitals.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: a life of tragedy and pain

Hello @Ham

It is a most terrible fear to fear our family might die suddenly.

I do not believe the world is a level playing field.  Some people and families do suffer more than others.  Some tragedies are more to do with unequal distribution of resources than genes. I also come from a family with a lot of tragedy and mental health issues.

Heart

I hope reading and posting on the forum helps lighten the load.

Take Care

Hi @Ham - so glad you found us and hope to keep seeing you around. How have you last few days been?

Hi Ham

I am so sorry to hear your family has suffered so much. It sounds like you all love each other very much and I hope that connection brings you some comfort.

D x

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance