Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Depression Dementia Dad

Hi @Former-Member
How are you?
Former-Member
Not applicable

Plodding along, thanks Outlander. Nosebleed all day yesterday. Still working on moving, seemed to be no end it the stuff. Dad seems OK. 

Oh dear @Former-Member thats not good.
Your doing the best you can with moving snd thats all anyone can ask. Im amazed at how much youve already done.
Hugs and hugs 💜💛💚💙💗

❤️ @Former-Member ....

Former-Member
Not applicable

Former-Member
Not applicable

Dads new Geriatrician just rang me, nice to be included in the assessments for a change. Dad hates questions so hope tge consultation goes well. xox
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hearing you @Former-Member

hugs  @Former-Member HeartHeart

Thinking of you @Former-Member ..... 💜💐

Former-Member
Not applicable

IMG_20171108_150521.png

Thanks Darcy, F&H,  Outlander, Shaz, and all well wishers. Not much time for being online so plz forgive me not viewing your threads. Dads cranky I'm taking do long. Bro4 complains he's tired from visiting dad every day & taking him out for coffee every other day, when he does ring me from dads landline because he doesn't have a phone. And cranky with me for locking dads old mobile in my room 'cause he wants it. Oh did I tell you he'd bled $70 (of the $90 locked in Respite reception safe for dads use re bus trips etc) to 'pay' for these 'coffee' trips... And this is the only sibling support I have. Makes me cross. But at the end of the day, dad doesn't care about money & all the crap, just glad someone's visiting him I guess. Would bro4 do it if he wasn't paid? I don't know. I chose an aged care complex close to him (5min), cause he cant afford petrol. I know it sounds like I'm complaining but its wrong & frustrating & I don't know how to address it and need somewhere to vent. 

Gonna be harder now ive sold my house cause they think I've won lotto. 

Dad sounded really tired last night.

PlzPlz can you light a candlecandle & continue to pray for my trip back, and what comes next with dad, and me. I'm feeling very overwhelmed.

TNX

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance