Skip to main content

Re: Have you had a period of remission from your depression

hi @utopia, I am well enough to apply for work, not sure that I'm well enough to actually work. I have submitted applications but have not got any job interviews or offers. my resume has a big gap of 7 years of unemployment so that doesn't help. I have just enough concentration and motivation to read & write for job applications but I still have trouble spleeping and with energy so I don't know if I'd have enough energy to work a full 9-5pm day at work.

With the second anti-depressant I feel more emotions such as positive feelings but I also feel more irritability, anger and rage. And sometimes I think my psychotic symptoms are returning and I have to up my dose of meds for that. So it's still hard.

It's great that your meds are helping, you must have a good doc. What kind of activity would you like to do if you felt better?

I'm thinking of starting a taichi class tomorrow @BryanaCamp. Drop my son at school and then go straight there.  Will see how I feel in the morning. 

tai chi sounds great @utopia

I have always wanted to try that.

good luck with getting there, let us know how you go

@BryanaCamp  Didn't get to TaiChi class this morning.  Had a black out.  We woke up late.  First day of school and my son is 20 minutes late and I missed the TaiChi class.  Have to wait til next Thursday now. 

there is always nest week @utopia , I'm sure you'll get there in time.

how old is your son?

He's 16 years old. @BryanaCamp 

hello @utopia , @BryanaCamp 

have you able to get to Tai Chi @utopia 

I did line dancing for a while @Appleblossom , @Teej , @Zoe7 

hi @utopia 

long time no.

how are you going? and how is your son travelling?

I've had some rough pacthes with my mental health but on the whole ok. I hope you're doing ok?

No @Shaz51 . Circumstances prevented me from going to Tai Chi for the first few weeks.  Then I just didn't bother. 

I'm not doing any activities. 

@BryanaCamp . Nice to hear from you.  I've been hibernating. 

My son is well.  Seems happy.  Lots of friends.  Doing well at school and his part time job.  He's thriving.  I think that's the best way to describe how he is. 

I'm still stuck in no man's land.  Not in a depressive vortex.  But still depressed. 

Sorry to hear you have had some rough patches.  Life never seems to run smoothly.  Unfortunately.