Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Living with PTSD (Potentially Triggering Material)

@Former-Member This is what I hear when I open my bedroom door. Hope today is okish for you.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=997RTKzc39c

💓🌹 @Former-Member @Maggie @Shaz51 @greenpea @Zoe7 ......

@Faith-and-Hope wishing you a wonderful sunny Saturday 😄 xxxx

@Former-MemberThinking of you.Thinking of you.

Hi sherry .. That was honest, open and brave. I'm so sorry that happened to you. Finding others who had been through the same experience helped me.... Do they have female support groups for this trauma in your area?. Take care of yourself . 

Hello and welcome @Xena1.  I think that was your first post? Thank you so much for your very kind words.

Other than my GP and my psych, nobody else in my real life knows about what happened. And I only told them in the last couple years, as it became necessary. 

I live in a rural regional area, and I dont believe there are any local support groups for female survivors of such SA trauma. If there was, I dont believe I could talk about it or face others anyway. Even after undergoing some very intensive trauma therapies over the past few years.

We are all very different though, and I am so happy to hear that speaking to others has helped you.

It has me too, through this Forum, where I have been able to open up about my thoughts, feelings and fears in the safety of an anonymous platform. There are many truly lovely supportive people here on the forums who have helped me through some really tough times over the past 2 years. I hope you will find the same.

When you decide to open a thread of your own, can you please tag me by typing @Former-Member. Doing that will mean I get an email notification, so wont miss it.  I am interested in getting to know you and having the chance to support you too. 💕

Sherry  🌺🍀

💜💐💕 @Former-Member .....

👋 Hi and welcome @Xena1.

@Former-Member I think you have a psych app. this week. I might have that wrong, but if you do, here's another friend to take along if you go. Take care afterwards if you can, deep breathing is something I find helpful. I know you know that, but sometimes we forget the simple in the midst of the complex. 💕💜🐾🐾🐾

A smile for youA smile for you

Hi @Maggie and thanks so much for thinking of me.  Love that big smile from the watermelon eating dog too.  

Yes I do have an apt  with my psych this week, but not until Friday.  I will take along this doggy friend with me as reassurance.

3 appointments today though, but only two for me, the other one for hubby.  My first appointment is to the skin cancer clinic to check up their handiwork with my infiltrating BCC from back in June.  A 3-monthly check. Then this afternoon I have another appointment with my physiotherapist, likely some more traction needed to take some pressure off this sciatic nerve of mine.

Maggie, you've been a little quiet.  Are you still in hospital?  Its been a week now since you went in, and I know you were hopeful it would only be a short stay.  How are you?

Sherry Heart

Image result for Pictures That Say Thank You

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance