Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Mon0497
Contributor

Multicultural support

Hello, 

lovely community.

My daughter is currently an inpatient in a Melbourne hospital, her treatment is progressing.

I have been talking to another young person's mother. Our children are having the same treatment but have different conditions, so we compare notes.

This family have only arrived in Australia recently so I think everything must be overwhelming. (more so). I would love to introduce them to these forums, as there is so much to learn. Do we have many English as a second language families on here and is there some additional supports I can tell this family about. 

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Multicultural support

Hi @Mon0497

I do  not know if this is a "catchment"  service - but the Alfred Hospital have carer services. I am not sure if interpreting services are available for this but it is quite likely there would be participicants of different nationalities.

https://www.alfredhealth.org.au/services/carer-services

Thanks @Former-Member

I will check it out and pass it on.

My daughter was discharged yesterday but I am hoping to stay in touch with this family

Former-Member
Not applicable

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance