Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My story

Highlighted
New Contributor

My story

Hi everyone,

I am feeling a bit sorry for my self tonight and lonely. So I went looking for somewhere to get my thoughts out and found this forum. I care for three children and a husband, who all have ADHD. My husband has depression. My eldest has severe depression, anxiety, attempted suicide last year and is attempting to sit HSC. My middle child has anxiety and my youngest doesn't yet have a disgnosis but has big emotional outbursts. One out burst just finished and it was on and off for two hours. And my husband is being retrenched.

No-one other than my family's large medical support team, now counting 5 psychologists, 2 psychiatrists, two GPs and a paeditrician know everything. I see a psychologist to help me understand and cope with my responsibilities and some friends know some things but my family values their privacy and mental illness is stil a stigma.

So discussing how things are really is hard. 

To the world out there I want to say Life sucks. Money is about to get really tight, my husband is wrapped up in his depression, we might have to sell our home and my kids set each other off. I work 30 hours a week and every day I expend large amounts of emotional energy managing outbursts and symptoms of mental illness. 

I know I don't get control any of this and I know I am doing the best I can. But sometimes I want a break, a realignment of the stars and someone to share load.

Tonight is one of those times. Thank you for listening. Now its off to bed, to start afresh tommorrow.

2 REPLIES
Senior Contributor

Re: My story

Hello @Ghost

It is tough - hubby and three kids who all have needs  - yikes - I would imagine that trying to keep order woukd be like herding cats.

Feeling lost and alone having to do it all on our own is not easy and not sustainable, having the psychological help is great, are you able to get some practical help too? It is tough going and heart breaking as we see the ones we love struggle. Then there are the social and financial losses that go hand in hand with this - living grief.  

Whilst our situations are so very different,  please be assured, you are not alone. There are people here who understand

Sending very gentle thoughts your way.

Darcy

Re: My story

Hello @Ghost

A very warm welcome to the forums, it is nice to meet you Smiley Happy

I can't imagine how difficult things are for you, it sounds like you are constantly having to be there for everyone in your family with limited time just for you to enjoy life. It is great to hear you have a Psychologist for some much needed support although it does sounds so hard with the stigma and friend not being very understandable or helpful.

I am really glad that you have reached out to the forums, you are certainly not alone in this. If you do feel like dropping in for a hot chocolate and to say "hello" you can here OR introduce yourself here on those 2 threads.

I look forward to getting to know you better,

Lunar