Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: New diagnosis

Anne Devenson is my hero. She was interviewed on Channel 24 last year....

Yes, she was a wonderful inspiration to me as my writing mentor when I wrote my book Wings of Madness. She's my hero too.  Smiley Happy

I know how you feel. My wife was diagnosed with Schizophrenia last year and I have to constantly remind myself that she has an illness. It makes for a difficult marriage, but be patient. Some times acceptance is letting things be as they are, not what you desire them to be. As spouses we took oath to love and care for our partners no matter what. My advice is to be careful - depression is cruel and as you point out selfish, but it's also a calling that something needs to change. If you can, let your husband discover what that is for himself and be the gentle hand when he needs it. I have had depression myself and it was a long road to recovery - trust me. All the best.

Great advice Bre78!  

I've been looking your book up, ready to order for next Thursday.
I'm in 'impressed of Jo mode.'

Called the financial counsellor 2 days ago - basically do what I'm doing & try to put anything I can away as we don't know what's coming next. Joint counselling last night - he's had some down days, is not on anti depressants, is in remission, has not filled physical health medication prescriptions so has gone with out for a few days & is feeling the affects. If he was feeling well he claims he would have been on a plane to buy something he is passionate about which costs at least 6 weeks salary for him - apparently the money will be coming from future jobs, we already have 3 of these items one of which he has bought since being diagnosed and out of the house. Body corporate bill due today & the card is overdrawn. I ended up calling the GP.

Thanks Just another.....:-)

Sending you Love and Strength Mrs. C.  ❤️ 

Me too Mrs C.
I'm thinking good thoughts about you but it feels that his major issue is that he needs that stability in his life......by this I mean that he does the talking to Mrs C, he clearly needs Mrs C in his life........,
Am I right ?

I hope so 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance