Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: The challenge of spring

Hi @Shaz51

I do wish I could see your picture but all I see is a triangle.

Sorry if I take a bit to reply not in the best mindset right now

the picture is sunflowers @Former-Member , and sending you tener hugs my friend HeartHeart

I need sun too @utopia xx

As the weather heats up, it has a very negative impact on my energy levels.

Spring is tolerable (with lovely flowers & not so high temperatures), Summer is not.

I can be far more active in Winter - Summer is a matter of survival.

Adge

X

X

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @Shaz51, I can finally see them they are beautiful.

I don't mind spring but I'm a winter person it could be below 0 and I would still kick off the blanket drives my partner nuts as he is a summer person can't stand cold at all.

I love spring and autumn, because the temp is milder and there is so much mother nature and cycles of life to see.

Heart

Hi @Mulgajane @Appleblossom @Former-Member @Wanderer @Adge and all the spring has sprung folks. I am glad of the longer daylight, the new growth and nature bouncing back.

I am also noticing that I'm a bit up, which for me often means my mind is sharper, but at the same time distracted. I'm also on the angry side, which is not good. All this usually preceeds exhaustion and crashing mood. Any other people with bipolar get this? I am getting better at monitoring and self care, though.

To Baby Dragon Hope you are feeling better soon. Reach out if needed.

Yes @frog I get similar feelings.

Now I am also discovering my spring allergy responses .... Ah well ..

Not fully sure I am BiPolar, but it is most recent Dx, tho without substantive testing.

Hello @WaterBabe1 DOnt believe we have met.

The forum has been a life saver for me.

Take Care All

Heart

Perhaps @TheVorticon

I can suggest one thing that may or may not be too difficult for you; but the best time for me to be up when i am feeling challenged by the outside world, is just before dawn. Then when I go outside I am not faced by the sunny onslaught of a spring day. There are very few if any people which is wonderful for me because when I am vulnerable I fear conversation and even just being seen. The birds will begin their chorus and although right now the rainbow lorikeets are making a dreadful racket in the flowering mahogany gums of a morning, bird song introduces me to the day while I acclimatise. I get my much needed exercise (my single greatest defence against depression) and when I return I make a cup of tea and I sit with the early morning sun on my forehead while I close my eyes. 

That way I become used to the day without being overwhelmed. Of course I fully appreciate that rising out of bed when one is suffering from depression is a huge challenge. But I learnt the hard way that old adage;

'If nothing changes, nothing changes.'

I wish you well TheVorticon.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance