Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Ups and Downs of Husband`s Mental Illness

today word from Mr shaz " one step forward and two steps backwards

@Former-Member, @Former-Member, @Jacques, @Determined

@Shaz51

So hard not to focus on the negatives and let our beloveds ups and downs become ours. Mr D struggling with the monotony of life too despite having a relatively full week with something to do each day. 

I got a bit of cooking done today as well as planting out 4 tomato seedlings. Filed a few more bits of paper too.

How are things today @Shaz51?

Evening @Former-Member @Shaz51 + anyone else around. 

Mr D struggling with the monotony of life too despite having a relatively full week with something to do each day. -- exactly the same here @Former-Member, @Determined

today we worked until 2pm today

checked on mum and did some things for her

I went and had my hair done , the hair dresser really wanted someone to talk to about her mum in hospital and she will not be going home

when I got home , I knew mr shaz was upset about something Smiley Sad

all good now Smiley Happy

@Janiee, @Former-Member, @Faith-and-Hope, @Adge, @Smc

Do you sometimes have to get the heavy duty digging equipment to get Mr Shaz to divulge what is worrying him  @Shaz51

yes sometimes @Former-Member, sure do

what does mr @Former-Member do ??

Mr D puts his hand to brow and won't say too much @Shaz51. Sometimes he goes to bed, depending on level of anxiety anguised sighs, leg slapping or crying can follow.  If ask him what is troubling him, the standard response is that there is no point telling me as I can't do anything about it.  He will usually tell me after the event what the problem was.

If ask him what is troubling him, @Former-Member, now mr shaz  would say nothing and I leave him alone or sit with him and he will say something hours later

years ago I would get upset as mr shaz would blame everything else or blame me , and it would be hard to find out the real reason behind it all until days later and then I would cry thinking it was me

I don't think Mr D blamed me for things as such @Shaz51   although when hype he did telI me I was a killjoy.  He tends to blame himself and has little self compassion. He cannot see past his losses post attempt.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance