Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: a subject line

@-Rayne- your mental health is definitely a priority. So let reception know that when you call your gp. Mental illness is like having 2 broken legs and still having to walk everywhere, regardless of pain. If you broke even one leg - your gp would make it a priority case. So your two legs - or MI & super high stress is definitely a priority case.
Put your health first and make sure your gp does too.
Glad you rang that number. And it confirms that you can't possibly meet that debt. You have been doing everything right. It's so good to have someone acknowledge this.
So a bit more thinking time to be certain of the right choice for you. It will come.

Hi again @-Rayne-
I dont have much more advice except. When and if you are in a future situation of better financials, consider (rather than homelessness) buying a 7x5ft trailer lovked to a car. Install a false wooden floor and canvar roof with steel tube frame and of course a mattress. I did this years ago and used it as a low cost camping unit. Lock it to your car.

I also wouldnt be concerned about your work license. Circumstances dictate change.

Hang in there mate.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hope it all works out for you.

@-Rayne- Thinking of you.

thanks y’all, i know nobody else can fix any of this but it helps to just get it out of my head. 

@Whiteknight i’d love to do that. i used to say i was going to quit my job and raise llamas... not meaning that specifically but the general gist. now that i’m stone cold broke, it’s the idea of going bush with a vehicle i can sleep in when it rains and not much else. sounds really good to me now 🙂

i keep having these times of panic though where i frantically apply for jobs between panic attacks. it’s stupid because even if i got one of these jobs they’re super-high stress and i wouldn’t cope now.

@utopia ty for the validation. i’m working up courage to call him.

Hi @-Rayne-

Thanks. You might like to scroll down a few topics to my nrw thread "looking for work" and have a read. Cheers.

I came home from work at lunchtime, feeling sick but I suspect it’s just alcohol and stress. There’s a job advertised in the WA town i used to live in, which I could apply for. I can’t make the decision though. My brain is just feeezing. It’s annoying as hell.

Going to read others’ posts and try to forget myself.

I came home from work at lunchtime, feeling sick but I suspect it’s just alcohol and stress. There’s a job advertised in the WA town i used to live in, which I could apply for. I can’t make the decision though. My brain is just feeezing. It’s annoying as -

Going to read others’ posts and try to forget myself.

I feel like I live in between everywhere or maybe everyone at once which is the same as nowhere. 

We are DID/multiple. 

We are survivors of ritual, physical, sexual, emotional abuse. We have an urgent need to present to the day world as competent, capable etc. For the most part we do, but our standards are high. It often seems like we don't.

We don't trust anyone. We love our partners (two) but we know they will unintentionally hurt us sooner or later. 

We want to get out of the rat-race but we feel guilty for that. We should be contributing (everyone can contribute). It's selfish and wrong of us to want to go away and just lick our wounds, so to speak. Much loudness tonight. We wish for someone to force us to do some thing or the other. We cannot decide. It will be wrong.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance