Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: rough time

@outlander  Your posts did not push me away sweetie. And I did read your original post before you amended it. I've just been busy with dinner, hubbys medications, etc. That was the only reason for not responding sooner.

I'm really sorry for all that you are currently going through. I know how mentally physically and emotionally draining all those traumatic nightmares, flashbacks and memories can be. Anniversaries really are the pits. And when we are already experiencing high anxiety levels going into them, such as you have, then its that much harder to withstand the resulting onslaught of emotional and physical turmoil.

I must say that I am deeply disappointed in your Mums apparent lack of sensitivity regarding her fb posts.

Sherry πŸ’•

Mm sounds nice @Sans911  we have been having cooler nights but warm days still in the 20s atm. I know once the cold starts coming though itll get freezing like last year so im not complaining. Yesterday  was a big day for you wasnt it? Volunteer events? 

I was watching a movie in the lounge room but i cant stop coughing again so vacated to the bedroom as im abit better in here. Knock on wood!  It strange im smelling imaginary cigarette smoke but then my nextdoor neighbour smokes so might just be seeping into my house. 

How are the boys today? 

Thanks @Former-Member  

Its ok there wasnt any rush for a response. I had the very quick switch between let some out and no dont do that  happening. Stupid  brain. 

Yes definently  draining. I like being here amongst friends though. Helps settle things. 

My anxiety is very high but at the same time im not feeling much. I know others know what that feels like too. 

She always shares that post. I usually stay away from social  media over this time but it is abit hard this time when ive got a car for sale and people commenting and the likes and needing to be in touch with a few people. I guess in a way because my main way of coping is by shutting down i look normal  even if its utterly crazy on the inside. Its the only way ive been able to cope with the mess and having to be ok all the time. Sad but i guess its the way it is. Just have to get through the next few days thrn deal with another aniversary which is traumatic but more  a grieving one. 

Gosh i cant wait for april to be over.. 

Same weather here @outlander. Yesterday morning I also had my GP, who's very happy with my progress. I don't quite share the same enthusiasm. Meds have numbed my feelings down.

Then I had a coffee with my foster sister and husband. They flew out overseas for four weeks last night. I'm missing her already. Even though we'll have some contact it will be less than usual. After that I caught up with my mother, whose house sitting in the city burbs for a couple of weeks. She was in a good mood, so it was nice to be with her. I gave her a lift.

I only just got home from that, fed the cats and went for a walk (one of my volunteer groups). Went straight from that to second volunteer group which was board games and dinner. It was nice, but good to be home.

Both boys are OK. Jasper is on the bed, and Mr A is curled up on the sofa. They're a bit bored as it's been raining here a lot today, so they can't go out. Jasper has been very quiet the last couple of days. I get worried when he's like this, as it could mean he's a little unwell. I've not been able to pick up his special food before Easter, so he's without.

I've been thinking about going overseas for New Year's this year, and my mother has offered to take care of the boys. It will be hard to save enough, but I'm determined so I might just be able to manage it.

Wow that  is a busy day @Sans911  but it sounds nice and uplifting. 

Poor things being bored but theyll live. Hopefully they dont catch cockroaches to show you though! 

Mm hopefully  Jasper will be ok,its worrying when our pets seem out of character. What is actually wrong with him? As in does he have a diagnosis or not to sure? 

Would u take someone with  you? Id be to scared to go on my own! But i know you like to travel to so that would be nice. 

There's no diagnosis for Jasper, it's just a sensitive gut. So different foods disagree with him, and make him feel uncomfortable, sometimes in pain, and sometimes he throws up. I know he's in pain at times because his meow is very different. I seem to have the same affinity to know something is not OK in animals as I do in humans. There's no definitive sign or symptom. I just know often that something isn't right. Thankfully, with human patients, when I tell the Dr's something isn't right, they will believe me. I've not been ridiculed for it.

I've travelled on my own most of my life, so this will be no different. I miss travelling; haven't been overseas since my trip to Africa in 2016. This trip is to 2 large, modern American cities so I will be alright. It's one of my bucket list trips.

Oh i see. Sounds kinda like ibs but in cats @Sans911  

Yes you do have a very good 6th sense and im glad you listen to it. They are lucky to have you xo. 

Wow that sounds exciting! I hope youll be able to work things out and go there. Youll need  to take lots of pictures! 

Would anyone be around just to sit for a while? 

Good  night  everybody 😴

Just read your poem @outlander no words, just kind thoughts. And lots of these.πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance