Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Ceelllllll-e-brate good times! A place to celebrate ourselves and eachother :)

Great work @Hope4me - celebrate away - you have earned it Smiley Very Happy

Re: Ceelllllll-e-brate good times! A place to celebrate ourselves and eachother :)

Well done ❣️

@Hope4me

thats awesome! WTG! @Hope4me

Thanks heaps @Zoe7@Faith-and-Hope@outlander for your well wishes! Heart

That achievement is no small thing @Hope4me .... 💜

Yeah I know @Faith-and-Hope Smiley Frustrated

The past 12 months I tried around 10 times before accepting I just couldn't do it. But when financial crisis hit, they had to go. Funny thing is, it wasn't all that hard. The cravings are barely recognisable and last only a couple of seconds.

Take away the accessability and choice no longer exists. No money, no way.

The Universe works in mysterious ways eh?

Hope Heart

Sure does @Hope4me.

I have spent years trying to put my home in order, but hubby and life have kept creating chaos (part of his form of his apparent condition) .... now we are having to sell our home before I ever got it sorted and back together .....

Oh well.  Moving house is probably the best way to sort one out anyway, but it’s also a letting go of hopes, dreams, endeavours ..... the thing is, when we do, new things replace them, and I have to celebrate that I am finally at art school, and will have a proper art space to work in.  It’s coming at a cost.  We are living far away from two of our kids that we are heart-close to, but even then, we will have a living space to come and go from nearby.

It’s weird.  It’s unusual,  it’s both a joy and deeply painful.  I am focusing on celebrating the small things, counting my blessings, which are many.

Dear @Faith-and-Hope

Life is movement, change is inevitable. When you 'transition' from one place or state of being to another, there's a grieving process involved. I don't think people acknowledge this enough.

I said recently to someone; "I've died little deaths and was reborn many times over the past few years" Metorphorically, it expresses heart wrenching transitions, maybe even like what you're going through now?

Before celebrating the new, grieve the old and acknowledge just how scary and hard it is to walk away. Say your goodbyes and tie up loose ends and hopefully leaving will be easier.

I feel for you...

Hope Heart

Thanks @Hope4me, that is how I am feeling, and I have learned that it’s better to be in the moment with it rather than trying to dig it out of buried places in the heart later  .... so trying to be as brave as I can and keep taking the baby steps to get through it to whatever lies beyond.

Thank you so much for your encouragement and understanding.  I took photos today, to make drawings that celebrate our time in this house ....

💜🌷

Re: Ceelllllll-e-brate good times! Well done Zoe and Sam.

Some of you may not have caught up with some great news for a couple of our favourite members here.  These two inspirational and gorgeous people have managed to secure new work placements on Friday. I have taken excerpts from their own announcements elsewhere on the Forum.  And I will let them tell you more about their wonderful achievements. 

Way too often we fail to acknowledge our own victories, however large or small they are.  So this thread is a fantastic place to celebrate a couple of pretty major achievements by these two members.  They are unlikely to make a big deal of what they've done themselves, so I thought I would take it upon myself to do so for them.

I hope you will all join me in congratulating and celebrating what they have each accomplished.  I am not good at having a list of members to tag, so please can others tag those I have missed? 

From Sam3

I’ve been busy trying to get myself a job and have finally secured one YAY!!!! I actually got two job offers yesterday. The one that is very close to home seems like the worse option in terms of over-worked staff & aspects of the role I’d find stressful. The one I’ve decided on is a straightforward role a 30 minute pleasant drive away in a luxurious looking facility where the residents & staff appeared to be content and .....wait for it.... offers a pay rise compared to the other ones!!!! Owner of the company sounded really genuine (& successful)  compared to previous boss who is appallingly self-serving & money grabbing. I’ll have a 2 week break before starting on 18 February. 

From Zoe7

I have a school placement and start on Monday. It is at a really nice school only 10 minutes away so I won't have to be driving long each day. For now it is only for terms 1 and 2 and then I will either be placed somewhere else or it will be extended - they are hoping it will be extended and be for the whole year but at this stage that could not be guaranteed.

I am working with the support staff to do small group work mainly so I don't have a class of my own. I am very happy with that - it means I will get to know the kids throughout the school more that way too. It also means I will have time to find my feet at the new place.

I went for a visit today and met the Assistant Principal - she was soooooo nice. She made me feel very comfortable and happy to be there. I met quite a few other teachers and staff and they were all so welcoming too. I have a very good feeling about this school and think it will be a great fit for me.

We talked a little about my passions and I also told her I had taught Art at my previous school - she was very interested to hear that. She wants to see some photos of the animals I made at the previous school and thinks that is something that could be utilised with some kids at this school. That got me a bit excited.

It is all such a relief and whilst it wasn't what I was expecting it is something I am comfortable with. I have always liked working with small groups on different projects with kids - the more hands-on their learning the more they seem to get into the work - so from that side of things I think I have a lot to offer this school. The next couple of weeks will be about finding my feet and getting back into the swing of things but I really am feeling good about this placement.

So I offer both @Zoe7  and @Sam3  my most hearty congratulations, and wish them every success with their new employment.

Kindest thoughts and much admiration to you both.

Sherry 💕

@outlander  @MDT  @Faith-and-Hope  @Teej  @CheerBear  @Sherry  @Hamsolo01  @Dec  @Snowie  @OneofUs  @Mumi  @Sans911  @Appleblossom  @Adge @Maggie  @Shaz51 @TAB  @eth  @greenpea @lisajane  @Sam3  @BlueBay 

Image result for congratulations on your employment

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance