Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Far and Away

All of that extra stuff has certainly taken it's toll on you Hon - that is why this upcoming trip away is definitely not needed for you. I know it is just another thing you have to do for the family but I do fear that something is going to have to give and that may very well be your heath. The signs are already there for you and that does scare me a lot @Faith-and-Hope  I really do hope after you come back things will settle a little for you and also for your baby dragons - that is another stress especially with Visual not coping so well at the moment with everything.

When is your next appointment with your counsellor?

Next Tuesday @Zoe7 .

The trip is starting to shape up as potentially very relaxing.  Mr. is in the midst of working out day-tour packages that will enable us to sight-see in a pampered way without all the packing, unpacking, transfers, flights and hotel rooms of recent trips.  He is doing it as much for himself as the rest of us, because the “lifestyle” he is leading is exhausting.  He is trying to find alternative ways to “have his cake and eat it too” .... (in more ways than one !!)

It will also be summer there, so packing will be much lighter ..... in fact more like a weekend away.  

The concept of thectrip has had changed entirely from what he was talking about at the beginning of the year.

The fact that my shape is shifting slightly is a good sign that I am gradually healing

The things that have impeded my academic progress have been very progressive in terms of over-all problem solving, so that is good too.  As long as I can buckle down from here and start getting on top of research and visual diary work, it should be okay.  Thankfully, in that sense, all of the work is due in at the end of the semester, so I have time to catch up.

I expect these scan results to confirm the issue, but also show that it’s on the mend.

That does sound more positive @Faith-and-Hope Smiley Very Happy

I know you can get on top of the uni stuff - just do a little at a time and gradually catch up - that is do-able. The trip also sounds much more do-able and may infact be a bit of a circuit breaker for you all. The travel to and from there is a pain though - but if you can get on top of that then it could be a good break away ...trust you to find the positives in it all Smiley Very Happy

Did you have an appointment this week also? How did it go if you did?

It was a good appointment @Zoe7 , but hard too in that I need to talk all over the past again, when my focus needs to remain on moving forward, but then that is why I am going .....

I know you get how much if a contradiction it is, but it’s worth it in the longer term.

It is so hard having to go over everything again to get to that point where you can begin to move forward @Faith-and-Hope but it will be worth it - especially if you feel a connection with this counsellor and she is helping you talk about the things you need to. 

I am definitely at the stage where going over the past is both too hard and not helpful for me but I am not in the same situation as you - you very much need to lay it all out to get to where you are right now - especially when it comes to Mr and family issues. It is suer hard to go through it all again but you also have the strength to do what you need to do.

The longer term is the goal - you will get there Heart

Thanks @Zoe7  💚💐

I better get back to my homework so I can try to get some sleep before mr.f&h gets in around pumpkin hour .tonight .....

It's about time I head to bed @Faith-and-Hope I have been watching the footy but too tired to stay up for the second half. Goodluck with getting things done tonight and I hope you get to sleep before Mr. gets back and he doesn't make too much noise for you.

Catch you tomorrow Hon. Goodnight my angel Heart

😘💚💤 @Zoe7 

Good morning @Faith-and-Hope A quick fly by before I get organised to head to work.

I didn't sleep very well again so getting moving this morning is super hard. Hopefully a shower will wake me up a bit and I can get through the day okay.

I hope you mananged some sleep and Mr wasn't too disruptive when he got home. Have a great day Hon Heart

Morning @Zoe7 🌷

Mr.f&h did wake me ..... he was trying to be quiet (bless him) but he turned a bright light on in his desk area, before realising how bright it was, and quickly dimming it.  His tech-fettish is not just with cameras.  He has put our household lighting system onto an app that sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t :face_with_rolling_eyes: ..... but it worked last night and he could dim the light.  I went straight back to sleep, but woke on and off from the time of his second waking, unsure about whether that was because he was moving around the room, but probably ..... and went straight back to sleep.  Woke again in the early hours, but felt well enough to stay up from that point and start my day.

So.  I am in the coffee shop with my notebook, getting some work done with my coffee.  The coffee shop is full, but not loud, and the doors are open with a cool breeze coming through.  Birds are bopping around on the floor and fluttering through, and there are garden views outside the windows that don’t have road views ..... the inside is olde-worldie and very rustic.

Hi to anyone else floating about this early who wants to say hello .... 👋

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance