Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: New Year's Eve

Happy New Year @Shaz51

@FrankyW84 Lovely to see you here and welcome to the forums. Happy New Year - hope it brings with it happiness and joy and you achieve all that you set out to do.

Last night (NYE) I spent the evening with my Mrs and MIL at a local club. I had a little too much to drink and for some reason ordered a double vodka lime and soda. The last time I drank this drink I was not in a good place and I reflected upon this. I should not have ordered that particular drink because all it did was put me into a place I did not want to be, least of all in a party environment. I also realised that last evening would be the last time I drink alcohol full stop. You see, when I drink I cannot take my medication as it would be dangerous to mix them with booze. Today I am paying the price for non compliance. I cannot miss a single dose or my voices come back. I had not missed them while they had been gone. I have taken today's dose but they are still here. Perhaps a few days before they dissipate once again? 

Happy new year to all that celebrated. Not the best way for me to get 2019 under way but I am determined not to let it be a firm characteristic of the year ahead. I've got far too much to do this year.

It is great that you are so self-aware @Queenie and also determined to get things done you plan on doing this year.

Former-Member
Not applicable

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE :)HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE 🙂

Hi @Sans911 sounds like troubled times... do you have a faith in someone you could turn to? I find this helps me...

Hi @eudemonism

Nice to see you around. I'm a little troubled by a difficult anniversary tonight & tommorow. My support worker is coming in the morning to celebrate surviving the year instead of being saddened or swallowed up by the hugeness of it.

I've been feeling a bit odd the last few days & I'm anxious tonight but getting lots of love and support from @outlander

as well. I think I'll be alright.

You're very sweet to think of me. Thank you very much.

We all need to have faith in someone. I hope that someone is good to you @Sans911 and in turn you can be good to others.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance