Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Fee1
Senior Contributor

Single and dating with MI

Hi guys, I am havent been posting much lately as I have been absorbed in an internet romance for the last three months or so. The guy (who I met on an internet dating site) lived in a different city so we only met a few times, but there was lots of phone calls and especially texting. He ended the relationship rather suddenly a week or so ago with no real reason. I have been a bit stressed about it all and wondering whether to give on line dating another go or give it a miss for a while.

I would be interested to hear of others' experiences, whether it is on line dating or other ways of meeting a potential partner.

Look forward to hearing from others. 

Cheers

Fee1

96 REPLIES 96
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Single and dating with MI

@Fee1 @outlander @Adge  @Flying_Hams @eudemonism @TAB @Appleblossom

@Heavenbound @Former-Member HeartWoman Happy

Thanx Fee1 how awesome to have this Thread, I have been isolated & alone now, for 8 years, with MI & Chronic pain. I am so wanting to form a solid, & loving, relationship, with someone that I can trust. Someone whom will not label me, or run from me, because of MHI, & the pain I have to live with on a daily basis atm. Someone understanding & supportive, whom I do not feel inferior to, or have to hide my MI from, & it seems to be non existant for me atm.  😞

Have many, or anyone going through, the same, or similar, to me? 🙂

Have had similar experiences over last few years @Fee1 I can’t expand on this atm not in sharing mode. However Your thread is a Good Idea and well done Good on You. I haven’t met anyone in person since I was in capital city. I just had a membership expire and someone was talking to did the right think and went nuclear lol. Well they were interstate and very actively chasing people so it was for the best. so think will leave it for a few months at least. Ok I did share. Sort of. Lol
Former-Member
Not applicable

@Fee1 @TAB

I have noticed with online Dating, that telling a new person, that I have Chronic pain, through the accident, & injury, which I am, trying to heal from, does have negatives that cause, make or break, with some. But, mentioning any form of MHI, is a pending relationship, is a- BIG NO NO!

Sad hey!  😞

I guess it’s about wanting to be validated in a way and having company even if never meet or my case cos get mildly deluded with expectations dunno. People need to think someone likes them

@Former-Member, @TAB

Yes mentioning MI issues is a big one, I didnt even get to that stage with my last "romance"... maybe people make assumptions if you are not in a high powered job or even not working at all. It's a tough one. 

An aquaintance of mine just met someone through "Elite Singles", dont really feel I could put myself up on that site with having a MI and all. 

Plus there is the issue of putting on weight when on meds - trying to find a flattering photo...its all a bit hard...I'm sure it would be worth it if you met someone nice...have to kiss a lot of frogs. 

Thanks for your responses guys, xx F

Yeah well to all intents and purposes Im barely solvent and put up 1 in 20 least unflattering pic ok most recent one nearly having a birthday now lol. I have been on lots sites met people. Still talk to one 4yrs later it’s friendly but hands off so to speak mostly haven’t seen them for 2yrs. They have their own issues but are good company and no strings we just moan to each other mainly these days lol @Fee1

@Fee1 hi, I don't think we've met before? I'm more than happy to have an open ended conversation about dating with mi if you wish. Eude.

@Former-Member& @Fee1 I've always had a drive inside of me. Which was based around finding a partner. I feel I've had and lost a lot of good opportunities in the dating scene. Example. I had girls who were interested in myself as a teenager / young adult. But I never took it seriously or made anything of it... I suppose you could say I was a late bloomer... I was always fixated on the ideal girlfriend, the beach babe, the cool chicks & I missed out on the perfect girls who showed interest in myself... (or perhaps I never needed a partner (perhaps I was A sexual) I've been in several girlfriend scenarios. But my issues always got in the first way of anything serious forming. Plus I had expectations that I could not meet. Note* not expectations that they other person couldn't meet. Expectations on myself - that I couldn't meet. Pretty sad. Eude.

Hi @eudemonism@TAB, @Former-Member,

Hi guys and thanks for your comments. Yes Eude, I've always felt like I should find a partner too. problem is now that I have developed a MI later in life it has been a bit problematic. I need a lot of sleep and am very susceptible to stress. This latest "romance" which ended suddenly (even though I was only mildly interested in the guy) has left me with low motivation and depression.

Would be interested to hear your impressions. thanks, Fee1

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance