Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

THE WEATHER

BATTEN DOWN THE HATCHESBATTEN DOWN THE HATCHES

Its not every day you see media weather alerts and warnings not to travel on the roads if possible in Sydney.

SYDNEY & surrounding areas for 100km is forcast 200ml rain event / domping today, causing flooding and road closures...

The dog woke me an hour ago, 4am when the thunder storm began in the distance (she gets severe anxiety in storms, mum use to give her sedatives, but I just cuddle her). The storm is louder now, and lightshow flashing away out there - the rain is building up. 

I hope everyone stays safe, and dry today. I'm having a home day.

Let us know how we all go

5 REPLIES 5

Re: THE WEATHER

@Former-Member Hi lapses I have to go to pdoc .... wish I was staying at home like yourself it is pouring here with thunder. We need the rain desperately but not flash flooding.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @greenpea, how did pDoc go? Storm not as bad as forecast in my opinion but worse in Sydney cbd I hear. The animals are snuggled up inside still all day. I'm back in bed, got a bit of paperwork done today.

Weather affects mood.

Wind aggitatea me so bad
Thunder frightens me sill

@Former-Member Hi lapses yeah I agree where I am there was no flooding (very lucky) just nice rain which is much needed. Not even much thunder. My grandmother hated  the wind so does son2. Great that you could stay inside today.

Pdoc went really well thanks. She only wants to see me for 1/2 next time so she must think that I am stabilizing on my meds etc enough which is great. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

That's good @greenpea, you sound very level headed to me 🙂
We still got steady rain, the cat and dog have enjoyed an inside day.
Bro4 rang today to say MH have discharged him from his 2yr long Community Treatment Order (CTO). He was really agitated at first (BPD sensitive to rejection, suspicious / paranoid, anxious, angry, pressured speech...), but settled when he realised he could still ring CM, and the GP can take over from his psychiatrist for medication. . He sent me all the paperwork but my head ia swimming with all the extra meds I have to take atm with the asthma etc. And all I have is this mobile onling.

@Former-Member Hi lapses thank you for the compliment re level headed ..... thanks to medications lol. It is no wonder your bro4 is anxious that is a huge thing for your bro4 I can understand his feelings of trepidation. I really hope it goes well for him and as you say he has his gp and CM? to help him out in times of trouble and for medication.

Hope you are feeling better today. Love greenpea

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance