Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Watching SBS tonight???

I've written 4 names but Dx????

I do feel for the professionals, working without being able to interact with the participants. They seem pretty self aware though... Like they just said, there is nothing usual about how this has worked...

Regarding the question about the majority of the participants being wrongly diagnosed by the mental health experts and if this have a negative effect on someone?

There were obvious risks in terms of the social implications of identifying people with a history of mental illness, failing to recognise mental health disorders in others, and labelling someone with an illness that they have never been diagnosed with.
Blackfella Films invested in providing appropriate care and support for all those involved, even after the filming was finished. Each of the ten participants were given the opportunity to preview the episodes and request that changes be made, where appropriate and possible. The participants were also able to watch the final episodes prior to broadcast to prepare them for the program being aired, and to re-confirm their formal consent to appear in the series.

I'm going to head over to the chat with our special guest now!
Former-Member
Not applicable

Only got 2.

This was very confronting for me. I feel quite ashamed I tried to guess, though this is in line with the show's intent. It's upsetting knowing I was wrong and right also.

Hey @Hope4me, hope you are travelling ok - it was definitely the show's intent..

Well everyone, we've got Cameron from the show over in our chat if you want to say hi!
https://saneforums.org/t5/Special-Events/Special-Online-Event-Breaking-the-stigma-of-mental-illness-...
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance