Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Oh @greenpea You mean the Ellenbrook case.  So so sad. Horrific.

He had presented to an ED, and turned away just before. 

Those clinical ssessments do not seem to be measuring up.

Thanks @Mazarita There has been a big improvement. He just came in a sceduled a house meeting that we forgot cos of his gf.  SO he is getting the hang of responsibilities and sharing.

ABC Jazz sounds a lot more peaceful than my last post responding to  @greenpea about the WA tragedy. Not good to sleep on. 

Heart

I just read some headlines about it on the net between posts too, @Appleblossom. I couldn't follow through to get the details. How awful.

Yes, slow jazz in the later evening, it is relaxing. 

Tomorrow I hope to get washing and hair dying done. It will be an at home day, I think. Do you have anything on tomorrow?

I am going to a retirement village open day and might talk about music there.  Psychologist appointment after that.  My son will go out to a rehearsal and I will have house to myself.  

Sounds like a full enough day, @Appleblossom. Nice that you will get some time in the house to yourself. 

I'm going to head towards bed now. Sleep well when you get there. ox

Good  NIght Old friend. @Mazarita Heart

@Mazarita it is wonderful that C and you got  through your dark times.  My ex flew the coup (after 24 years of marriage together) and wasn't there until the bitter end (when he sign me into psych ward) and even then it is only recent times that he is fully understanding. my diagnosis. Even though he knew a someone from his earlier days at uni who had schizaphrenia who thought the tv was talking to her...

When I was psychotic I would swear in public and say heaps of awful things .... it would just come out.  ODid you?

@Sophia1 the photos would be wonderful 🙂 I know my son would get a buzz out of seeing them and the idea that you can hear them from your house would make him laugh . Sophia1 but I don't want to be a pain by asking every day 🙂 When you are ready and without any stress for you that would be great  thank you 🙂 xxxxxx

I swear sometimes at the best of times, @greenpea. I don't think there was much difference when I was (maybe) psychotic. No medical practitioner has ever told me I was psychotic, though having the Bipolar 1 diagnosis, I suppose I probably was at different times. Certainly, the anti-psychotic medication changed my life a lot.

At some stages, I did get very angry at people close to me, involving a lot of verbal abuse (without fully realising what I was doing). Inside my head and emotions at those times, I was chaotic, with dark and twisted perceptions, switching quickly in mood and found it impossible to control expressing that. It's shameful to me now because I hurt those I loved a lot.

At another extended time of mania, I thought I was some kind of love goddess. My sexual adventures were rampant, extreme and very risky. Then, I was putting myself in danger more than anyone else, I think.

Big question for early in the morning! Smiley Wink

Good morning @Mazarita @greenpea and anyone else around this morning.  Haven't caught up on all the posts since I was last here.

Nothing like a little light conversation to start the day hey Maz and GP.  I too could tell many tales of psychotic adventures and risky behaviours and a total absence of anger management .  And that's just the ones I remember.  Cost me more than 3 decades of dreadful relationships and contact with my family (that now support me so much). Touch wood haven't had a full psychosis since I was eventually diagnosed bipolar 1 in 2009 and medicated appropriately (aged 46), tho' there've been plenty of times still with hypomania/mania or major depression.   And complex PTSD stuff that interacts with the bipolar (e.g. a panic attack can trigger an acceleration into hypomania).  But learning much more about the condition and how to manage it has helped me get through those times with some semblance of insight that it was happening.   And somehow I just don't seem to get as angry any more.  It's rare and I deal with it differently.  I also don't let myself go off wandering any more when hypomanic, but can still overspend and get too far into esoterica.  I still say really inappropriate things sometimes, much more so when elevated.  And find humour and coincidences in all sorts of places (that's one of my warning signs) - laughing out loud when all around me are looking at me oddly.

Hoping all are going ok this morning.  Say hi to the cows for me @Sophia1!

Will go and catch up on posts I've missed now.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance