Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

I'd probably leave the accident in the past too, @CheerBear, though I used to work in various legal jobs and know there would be a case. But what that legal work also showed me is how painful and stressful it is for people to go through legal proceedings, even when they 'win'. I would mostly avoid it like the plague. I think your attitude is probably more productive and positive in being able to move forward with life.

I really feel for you with what you are going through with unwell person. My dad died in 2003, at a very bad time for me too. The greatest blessing was that I made it to his bedside in time to have a wonderful final exchange between us. I'm so grateful for that good final memory of him.

With my own stuff at the moment, in which I'm having a stream of negative memories of various failures in my life, I have a kind of affirmation I'm repeating in my mind: 'I am more than my thoughts. My spirit guides me'.

From memory, and apologies if it is wrong, you had a complicated relationship with your father @Mazarita. Did you find that time stirred up lots of complicated thoughts and feelings? (With a side note to say I totally get why you might not want to or be able to reply to that one, which I completely respect and understand). This is so, so jumbly for me and I can see there will be some unpacking of 'stuff' to come.

I love that affirmation and am glad to hear you're practicing what you do so well to look after you.

@CheerBear, yes, very complicated relationship with dad, including memories of physical abuse, neglect and abandonment, witnessing violence regularly in the home between him and mum, his alcoholism and gambling addictions, as well as a huge amount of love between us. I believe he had bipolar too, though undiagnosed and therefore untreated (poor man), and I relate to a lot of what I witnessed of his internal life. Big subject, which is why this post is taking a while to write. 

In the end though, he was so vulnerable in his illness that I couldn't blame him for anything at that time. He actually said 'sorry' to me on his deathbed. I told him he had nothing to be sorry about. A strange thing to say in response, but at that moment, as he was facing death, it seemed to be the truth.

Hope this is not too heavy for you at the moment. Hugs and love for it all. Heart

Thank you so much @Mazarita, for sharing. I am struggling to visit as this person is so vulnerable and scared but still old ways come through sometimes. I have left each time not tolerating any of what I see. I sit there in almost a shut down mode, so stuck with so many feelings, not knowing what one to go with. When we were given some guesses of time left the other day (which depends on lots of things right now and may be very little or may be enough to get home again and have some time), I took well person in late just to say goodnight. It all dissolved and all I had was feelings of love. I kissed them and said I loved them. I am going to try hard to do more of that.

Thanks again Mazarita ❤

Sorry for the long time in replying, @CheerBear. Got stuck in the bathroom, damn crohns. 

This time you are going through does bring up many feelings. The more the love ones come to the fore, the better for us, in my experience. Sounds like a beautiful moment you had with your person, the dissolving into compassiona and love. Heart

Is your crohns playing up with the stress you've been experiencing @Mazarita? Lots of ugh for you.

I like that thought, that maybe, out of all the feelings, love wins. I'll hold on to that one.

The sun is well and truly awake now and I'm going to have a shower, take a big breath and do today. I hope yours has some peaceful or good feeling moments.

Thank you for the company this morning. Also hoping that wasn't too heavy a chat for you. I really appreciate you and your friendship Mazarita ❤

My crohns plays up in that bathroom way pretty much every day, @CheerBear. I'm free of the extreme pain I was in when I was younger though, which is another blessing. 

The chat wasn't too heavy for me by any means, @CheerBear. In fact, talking with you in these early mornings is often a great grounding start to my day. I don't feel so scattered in my thoughts now. Appreciation of you runs very high in my mind too, CB, and I so value our friendship. Hope your day brings many good feelings. Heart

Mazy Heart @Mazarita Heart

As I read your post I could nearly feel you taking a step down. I'm so sorry it came to that. Though I don't think you should take all the blame upon yourself, your friend asked for your help months ago & yet didn't give you any information or instructions until only weeks were left. The fact that you refer to them as a friend makes me think they know you a little as you seem to know them a little & the fact that lack of communication is a bit of a norm for them. I wonder whether the promise of dollars & cents, & creative recognition, were a compensation for knowing how much pressure they were putting on you? I'm reading between the lines, but I'm guessing your friend has brain process problems of their own. I think what has happened is just consequences of both your actions, neither good nor bad, just the way things went. You could even see it at a postive thing, next time your friend wants your help they may remember to communicate a bit more with you. I think you've done well, recognizing your limitations & admitting them, is an extremely difficult thing to do. Your friend now has time to compensate, so you have not failed - you've done the right thing Heart HeartHeart

@ethYour news gave me an explosion of tingles, starting in my chest & spreading out to the very tips of my  fingers & toes, it even made my head dizzy 🙂 Getting a name makes a Grandbaby feel more real & I imagine having the curtain of privacy lifted makes you feel like you've gotten your family back . . . only it's bigger & better 🙂 Goodness, it actually feels more exciting to me than knowing bub was born 🙂 CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! HeartHeartHeart

Hi @Mazarita I love your mantra too.  Thinking of you today and hoping you are starting to feel better gradually about taking a path of self-care rather than bowing to so much pressure to get the vid finished on time.  Hoping your curator does understand her role in it and communicates in advance for you with future projects I hope they include you in.

Hey @Exoplanet  I agree with you.  Hearing from my adult child on the phone twice now has made it all so much more real than just getting messages.  Especially hearing baby in the background sounding like a baby lamb.  I felt so many feels when I read their announcement of baby's name.  You're spot on about how it feels to reconnect at this time.

My day started with agitation and irritation as 5 minutes after I woke up I had a message from a new support worker I'd never met telling me they'd be here in 1/2 an hour.  Hands shaking, palpitations, the works.  1.  I had been told I had one of the workers I've been with before this afternoon.  2. the coordinator of supports knows and has on my file that I need an introduction meeting with her present before I go out with someone new.  Even the worker that came agreed it was just plain rude to only give me 1/2 hour's notice of the change.  I have to give them 24 hrs notice of changes from my end or else pay so it's just not ok for them to do what they did.  Not the sw's fault at all but she got to hear my complaint nevertheless. Hoping this isn't a sign of an unreliable organisation that does this sort of thing regularly.

Good morning too to @Shaz51 @CheerBear @Sophia1 @Appleblossom @outlander @Faith-and-Hope @PeppiPatty @greenpea @Teej.  Really hoping today is going well and according to plan for you all.

I'm not good at last minute changes and today proved it.

@Mazarita Sorry you pulled out of the video making, but hope you are still on the list for future possiblities.  I like your mantra a lot too.  I am more than my thoughts. I will let my spirit guide me ... is powerful as it unites mind and soul in an open and  empowering way.  Leanrning to dialogue with my thoughts and not be frightened by them has been huge for me.

Hearing you about your last moments with your father and his saying "sorry"  It does not deny the difficulties you all faced, but admits of the love and difficulties he faced.  I did not get that with my dad, but know he would have, if he could have.  I did get that with my 2nd brothers death.  It is meaningful.Heart

Damn about the crohns.Woman Frustrated

@CheerBear I know the difficulties of loving  people and not wanting to get drawn into problem behaviours.  You have so much going on.Heart

@eth  Sorry that worker did not do due process. Woman Frustrated

There is something very clear and articulate about the way you discuss your feelings and all the MH workers & NDIS stuff.  Your style has really helped me. Sometimes I get "flooded" and it can become a jumbled mess in my head and then I have to patiently tease it all out again.  I fell strongly this site can play a role in keeping the system honest.

Hey @Exoplanet @Shaz51 and ALL

Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance