Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Hey @CheerBear I was typing when you posted.  Nice to see you this morning.  Yesterday was quite a challenging morning (I posted about it yesterday afternoon) but the afternoon was peaceful.  Had another phone call from my adult child and found out a bit more detail about little one's birth story - they had to go to hospital for 'repairs' after delivering bub at home (as planned, with midwife and doola).  The delivery was fast after 1 1/2 weeks of extreme braxton hicks.  

The nicest part was them saying they're excited to see me.  So I'm relaxing more as I feel more included.

How is today starting off for you?  Gently I hope.

Really glad you're being included and feeling part of it all @eth. So great that you are able to see them all soon. I can imagine that it will be a very special trip.

Also glad to hear you had a peaceful afternoon. That stuff around yesterday would have been very frustrating and I can understand why that would have caused anxiety for you. Lots of grrr.

Today has stayed off with lots of quiet pondering and reflecting. It's a beautiful morning. Sunny, warm and still.

Beautiful morning here too @CheerBear  Nice to hear you've had some reflection time to start your day.  When my child was little I used to get up a couple of hours earlier too.  The day is so much easier when you get that bit of space at the start, before the 'have to's kick in.

All I have on today so far is domestics and finishing my packing.  I've been chucking things in a pile for a couple of days so that shouldn't be too hard.  Quite looking forward to the road trip with sil's mum, but at the same time not sure how sharing a motel room will go.  I live in interesting times!

Hoping your unwell one is stabilizing and improving by now and that your other person is coping ok with it all.  I think you're amazing doing all that you do and caring for kiddles at the same time.

What do you have on today?

Love the peace of the mornings @eth 🙂

Very exciting getting close to your trip. I would be full of nerves and butterflies on top of the excitement I think.

Thanks for your thoughts with unwell one. We found out during the week that they aren't getting better from this. We're now coming to terms with what that means, how much time may be left with them and how we might be able to spend that. It's been a very hard time and is taking up a lot of headspace.

My plan today includes tidying up so well one has a bit more space here as it seems they may be staying for longer than expected. I also want to make and prepare as many dinners as I can for the week so neither of us have to think about that, especially given how unpredictable the days are at the moment. I'd really like to get into the garden to have some quiet time at some stage today too. This vegetable garden is lots of work but my soul feels good when I do it.

Good luck with your packing today. I really hope the time you have with your family is great ❤

@CheerBear sorry to hear that the news is not good with your unwell one.

Cooking in advance sounds like a really good idea.  Take some shortcuts where you can.  e.g. Roast chook from the supermarket can go a long way.  Spag bol is another one easy to stretch and easy to make.  I'm sure you have your regular dishes you make but Jamie Oliver's 15 minute meals on YouTube might be worth checking out too.  

Hoping your plans come to fruition too.  And gardening is self-care in my book - so double benefits.  

Take care Heart

Thanks @eth ❤ In our house at the moment we have vegetarian, pescatarian, gluten and soy free, and a possible dairy sensitivity. The joy of it all... 😉😕 I will check out and google 15 minute meals though. That's a great idea and surely I can find something. We were given a little freezer from a neighbour a while ago too. Might be a good time to get that up and going 👍

Better get a move on. It was really nice catching you this morning before you head off on your adventure. Enjoy those deliciously squeaky smooshy newbie cuddles and the fun of a preschooler too!

Lots of foods to substitute there then @CheerBear. I'm mostly vego (eat lean meats rarely at social occasions) so can help with ideas if you want.  Lentil bolognese with non-wheat spaghetti?  Rice gratin with veg and sunflower seeds (omit the cheese or use lactose-free cheese instead)?  some sort of veggie burgers (or salmon patties) with salad?  

Very much looking forward also to seeing my 4 1/2 yo - on the phone she talked more about halloween than her new sibling!  Have put together a goodie bag for them all including some low fodmap dairy-free treats for adult child, activity books and a music tuition book and a spider head band for granddaughter.  Already sent them a package of things for the new baby.  Plus it's my adult child's 30th birthday the week after so I got a nice card but will probably just give them some cash for whatever they want rather than a present.

Have a lovely, peaceful and fruitful day.

Hi @eth, here now if you feel like a bit of chat. Otherwise wishing the greatest time seeing your new grandbaby and the rest of your family. Hope the road trip with sil's mother is enjoyable too. Heart

Hey @Mazarita how are you doing today?

@eth, not great today, to be honest. I've gone from high anxiety to depression at the moment. The weather has been rainy pretty constantly here lately, with some storms too, and same forecast for this week. Getting out of the flat and walking would probably pick up my spirits. Might go and visit friend this afternoon, need prescription items as well, so at least there'll be a car trip with C most likely.

How are you feeling just now? What time are you leaving today?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance