Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Good morning, @CheerBear. Looks like we've landed on the forum at the same early hour again, just felt you under the 'support' button. Here for a bit of chat if you feel like it. Heart

Morning @Mazarita 😊

How was your afternoon/evening yesterday?

@CheerBear, the afternoon and evening went better than the morning yesterday. Getting out to visit my friend helped. How have you been travelling?

Wonder if @eth is awake super early for her trip today too. 

That's great to hear @Mazarita.

I've been OK enough thanks. Found a nice balance of 'doing' and 'being' yesterday which left a good feeling when I went to bed.

Anything on for you today?

Hi @eth if you're up, also 🙂

@CheerBear, I like that concept of balancing 'doing' and 'being'. I think I need to 'do' a bit more at the moment. Smiley Tongue

I have a breast screen today. Hoping the weather eases up a bit before I head out on the buses. It's a wild and woolly night here: rainy, whooshy-windy, banging noises happening intermittently from unsecured items being rattled loose around the neighbourhood. 

Anything particular happening for you today?

That balance finding was a rare experience for me @Mazarita 😉

Good luck with the screen today. Enjoyed reading your description of the weather there. Do you find that kind of weather can be unsettling? We're having quite warm days with maybe a storm about this week too.

Not sure about today. Maybe a hospital visit but we'll see. I'd like to mow soon. It's one of my favourite house jobs 😉

I think the last time I mowed, it was one of those ancient rotary mechanical things, @CheerBear. The joys of living in flats most of your life. That also reminded me of another domestic item from a bygone era: carpet sweepers. I'm guessing you might not even remember them. They were good! And that just reminded me I used to be scared of vacuum cleaners when I was a kid. Given that C does most of the vacuuming these days, it seems I still am scared of them! Smiley Tongue

And now for something not so free-associative...

Yes, the weather. It is kind of unsettling. And yet it happens so rarely here, it's kind of enjoyable. Mostly it's beautiful one day, and the same again the next.

I realise that was a weird post. I blame it on the weather! Smiley Tongue

Love weird posts @Mazarita 😆 I remember those carpet sweepers! I dont know if it is that I am older than I think I am, or if maybe my parents were fans of old stuff, but they had one. Probably in mission brown or that funky orange colour from memory. That's funny to think of - I would have been very young!

Also had a phone that we had to turn the dial to get to numbers and a record player in the house when I was little too. My kids cant even imagine what life was like without flatscreen devices and high speed internet. It's funny to chat with them about sometimes.

Weather can have a big impact on me too and those wild and windy nights I find unsettling sometimes too. Our weather can be so jumbled. I had a big thick winter coat on toward the end of last week, and yesterday I had two kids playing in water in their undies!

Love it that you remember those things too, @CheerBear! Going even further back, I remember we had a black and white TV with bulbs in it (I was so impressed my mum knew how to fix it by changing a bulb). And then there was the 'radiogram' (basically a big wooden item of furniture with a record player and a 'wireless'). Don't know why it needed to be so big, but I remember playing 78rpm records on it (but they were old even then). Oh yes, the phones with rotary dials on them too, yep!

Funny about the weather where you are. I'm wearing my big thick fluffy dressing gown as we speak. Normally would be roasting in it this time of year. 

I had no idea that TVs used to have bulbs that needed changing @Mazarita 😯 That is hard for me to imagine! My Dad told me that when he was younger my grandparent came home very excited about colour TV. He had purchased something that you fitted over the TV to make it look coloured, which my Dad was very disappointed with haha. I can't get my head around that one either.

Theres a very funny YouTube series of kids exploring older technology. They film them trying to work out things like VCRs and cassette players. I feel so old watching it 😆

No blanket for me last night. We've swapped weather 😁
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance