Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Im glad your going ok @greenpea
How did you go the other night with S2?

Im ok i guess just abit flat. Feel abit alone lately.
I have to go see the anaethetist on the 10th dec and will get alot more info. Most of my questions were answered plus more but still have a lot to talk about at the next appt. Ill find out the date of the surgury on the 10th as well which will be around jan/ feb next yr. Ive been looking for hotels and supports for pop while im away for a night and the upcoming days ao it takes stress off me while i have a few days to just breathe and recover even when im home

Good morning everyone. Posting here wondering whether anyone else is up, though hoping for you all that you're sleeping well.

I've had a bit of a rough night and slept very badly. My person has been sleeping in with me and last night I woke them with my tricky sleep. I had a sudden jolt of panic, feeling like I couldn't breathe and was drenched in sweat. It's very frustrating that no matter how hard I work to keep it together during the day or how well I feel I am going, I have little control over what my head and body decide to do when I'm asleep. I think it has been an eye opener for my person as they have had a very 'real' look at some of the challenges I can have.

Yesterday I visited the person in hospital. Physically it seems they are doing well enough. They gave me another look at the marks from the surgeries they have had recently which I find very confronting. It is truly amazing they have survived this far, to the point where they will be the subject of studies into this 'thing' they have. Mentally they're really having a hard time of it now, which is completely understandable. They're thinking of life beyond hospital and what it will be like. It is hard to imagine how they might move through this facing the enormous limitations they now have as well as the question of how long. I'm worried for them both. Yesterday I really pushed for support for them both while one is still an inpatient, as well post-discharge supports to start being organised. It's been difficult for me to balance pushing for support from the hospital and encouraging them to take it, while respecting their wishes to appear strong and stoic. I've had a lot of biting my tongue and big breathing but yesterday it felt like finally maybe they will be offered and accept support. I want to do more than that, but that's as much as I can do I think.

A little bit of a rave from me this morning. It's very still and quiet where I am this morning. The birds have just started to wake and it seems, aside from my feathered friends, that I am the only one in the neighborhood up which is unusual. I'm enjoying the peace before the house becomes busy and loud.

Hope the morning starts well for all.

❤ to everyone

@outlander

How are you this morning? Sorry to hear you've been feeling a bit alone and flat lately. How are you feeling after your appointment the other day? Seems like you have a bit to organise before you hve your teeth out.

Morning CB ❣ @CheerBear

Im tired but otherwise ok. Wasnt the best night here either with some strange dreams.
There was alot to take in at a half hr appt but had most questions answered. I met my dental surgeon though and she was nice, except the part where she described the details and said itll be 6 teeth not 5. 😮😮
Ive got to see the anaethetist on the 10th of dec to discuss even more things!
I do have quite abit to organise. Shes said ill need at least 5 days right away from any horses so that includes taking time off work there and she said i need to have as much time off from caring duties for the week as well so am hoping to have someone come in either daily or every second day to help with abit of housework, sorting out meals etc for pop and just hanging around abit to keep an eye on him for me so i dont have to stress so much. Ill also be staying in a hotel the day i leave the surgury and possibly the day before as they want me in early but its a 2-2.5 hr train ride to get there.

I fixed my mistake on the crochet too and ended up doing it for a few hrs. Starting to look bigger now. Have you worked on your gnome again? Im loving the sound of your graphgan too. Your very clever!

That would have been a lot to take in @outlander. Big hugs. Will your mum be able to help out with Pop? Do you have a decent freezer that maybe you could pre-prepare and freeze some meals for both Pop and yourself? Great you have some time to get ready and organised though.

Good to hear you sorted your crochet mistake. It's a pain when that happens and you need to fix it all up!

I put gnome aside but have finished Harry and started a new square this morning. I'm really enjoying it 🙂 I found a Big Bang Theory graphgan that made me think of you, Snowie and Sans911. There are some really awesome ones out there!

Good morning, @outlander and @CheerBear, lovely to read you both here earlier than me this morning. Heart Heart

Wonder if either or both of you are still around for some chat. Also wondering if @eth or @greenpea might be up this Sunday morning.

If I've missed you, I'll send love and good cheer to all for this day, and will catch up on replying to earlier posts by @Exoplanet@Sophia1@Shaz51@Appleblossom later.

Morning @Mazarita 💗 Great to see you. How are you this morning?

@CheerBear, I'm fine this morning. Had a really good day yesterday and have now viewed and made notes on all 50 videos that have been submitted to the competition I'm judging. I've seen some wonderful pieces and am enjoying the process a lot. 

Thanks for updating on what's been happening in your world. Feeling for your people and what they are now facing. So good to hear that they may be offered support, and will take it, for when unwell one is out of hospital. It's a very good thing that you have pushed for that for them.

Also glad to hear that well one may now be appreciating more what you are going through yourself, though I'm sorry you have to go through that in your sleeps so often. It can help, or at least be less lonely, when our loved ones get a clearer picture of our mental health struggles.

It was a big day indeed but i think the ride home was the worst cause it was the school and workers train too so was very cramped.
Mum will be able to help but i dont want to put extra pressure on. Im hoping they will agree to let me go in in feb rather than January cause of extra work school holidays and mum will be starting her new job as well .
I was thinking maybe something like meals on wheels for pop for the week. Breakfast hes ok with and most lunch times are ok its more the dinner part. Itll give pop someone new to talk to as well even if it is for a few minutes.

It definitely is a pain but at least i noticed early and managed to save quite abit of the yarn too despite frogging so much of it. Your graphgan sounda awesome. Do you think youll be able to share it here? Or little bits and pieces of it?
Ooh a bbt one would go nicely in my room 😏 there are heaps of patterns ive seen so many most of them like characters from tv shows. I seen someone make one that looks like a playstation remote with the buttons and circle thingys on it and ballet slippers. Too many ideas lol.
I might start a scarf and beanie set today as they are smaller projects and can do then when i get sick of going in a square 😉 ill share them here when they are done

@CheerBear

Goodmorning @Mazarita
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance