Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

I used to know the names of all the kids in the school @greenpea - I taught all grades from Prep to grade 6 for Art ...some of the little kids I got mixed up occasionally though lol - they didn't care - they thought it was funny Smiley Tongue

@Faith-and-Hope I am pleased about the teaching part and hoping that getting back into it will be second nature again - not so keen on seeing the other staff that I know there though - hopefully I won't hvae much contact with them anyway.

@Zoe7 Hoping the staff will be kind and understanding. I am sure you have been greatly missed 🙂

So the padawan teaches the master @Zoe7
How different it is haha.
You my friend are ready. I recall being told by an old master of mine about how we play the hand we are dealt and that when the chips fall into place we just do what's best. Sounds to me like you have a good idea of what is expected of you.
You have your doubts, your thoughts, your feelings and attitudes... All of which is normal. I'd be surprised if you didn't feel nervous or worried etc.
Compare what will be happening and what is expected of you with where you would be alternatively.
In a similar tone, I fall into that too. I am nervous about next year. I am also scared. But I compare it to where I am at presently and I think that it is an improvement. I think as much as for you too.
Baby steps forward here my friend.
Go and rest and refresh after today. You'll probably surprise yourself when you are at work next week.
It's one thing to be doubting yourself, but another thing entirely to think that you will be perfect and nothing wrong. The former is an acknowledgement that you are only human. The latter an ignorant belief that you are invincible and can do anything.
I am proud of you @Zoe7

Thanks @Flying_Hams I do think it will be ok on Monday - pretty tired tonight and that is not helping after the meeting - all that emotional energy I have been putting in along this process has ended in a way and I feel like I have fallen flat on my face - but that probably should be expected a little also. There were some things discussed that I was really shocked by also so that has added to how I feel. After a good nights sleep maybe that will reduce these feelings somewhat - only time will tell.

@greenpea I am not so sure how the staff will be little pea - but there are onlly a few left that used to be there so that may make it easier - won't know until I get there.

@Zoe7 You will be fine 🙂 xxxx

I hope so @greenpea = there is a lot invested in this working - I have no fallback if it doesn't - I think that and me not trusting anyone there is having an impact today but I don't need to trust anyone to do my job and that is what I need to hold onto.

@Zoe7 rest well and look at it again - sleep on it I always say.
You are making good progress my friend

I know I am @Flying_Hams - today is one of those days when I feel like it is one step forward and 2 back but the end goal of getting back to work is happening and I should be grateful for that even if it doesn't feel right this afternoon - tomorrow is indeed another day.

Happy for you with the good news of starting back on Monday my sister @Zoe7 Heart

sitting with you xxxx

we have lost a few jobs through other government services

Congratulations on starting back on Monday @Zoe7 that is wonderful news! Take care of yourself this weekend okay

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance