Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

I believe the light is a little brighter indeed @Zoe7

You are encouraging me with your progress

You guys here don't realise how much you are doing supporting me going back to work - when I have a moment of self-doubt I think of all you here and it really does help.

@MDT @BlueBay and all...

🙂

@Zoe7

Hi everyone .... 👋💕

@Zoe7, I can hear you getting into a bit of a stride again, and your love for your work kicking in ..... so well done ❣️  I am so leased to hear you say that the light is a little brighter today 🎉

@soul @Maggie @BlueBay @MDT @Former-Member

@Zoe7

Despite the name of this thread, you ARE coping with these changes and transitions. I'm immensely proud of you, and you are helping me enormously to work towards my own goals of recovery and work.

Life continues as recovery continues, and we will make mistakes, feel out of our depth, feel vulnerable and unsure. MI changes our perspective on everything. Life will never quite be the same.

Yet you soldier on, determined yet a little wobbly. You are totally doing the best you can, but I think you are actually doing better than you can. Hugs and hugs sweetie

Thanks Hon - it could be that it is in the mid 20s here today too nd I do like the weather lol

@Faith-and-Hope I also didn't let the principal get to me today and I picked up on something one of the kids did that she didn't see so that helped. It is easy for someone to sit, observe and record things when they don't have a class to teach or individual behaviours to deal with with kids you don't know so all in all I am telling myself that I am doing an okay job. No-one in my circumstances and under such intense scrutiny would be comfortable from the beginning and I do feel I am finding my feet again - but it will take time.

How are you feeling tonight? Has your throat completely cleared up?

Thank you @Sans911 I am under no illusions that this is a very long road back but it has to be done in small steps. There is so much I need to re-learn but I feel I am getting my love back for teaching and last week I couldn't have said that. 

If my going back to work is encouraging for others then that is an added reward for me Hon - and I definitely am here to support and encourage others. It did feel today like a shift in my thinking and tht is a good thing - I will know more after the meeting with the principal and HR on Friday but all I can do is what I am and that has to be enough.

Hi @Sans911 .... 👋💕

my throat is not sore at all now @Zoe7 ..... but I still have congestion in my sinuses - very uncomfortable ..... but it’s passing by degrees.

That is not good @Faith-and-Hope You have had a few sinus issues this year - I hope it clears up quickly.

Are you off on a walking tour tomorrow or do you still have too much uni work to do?

Too much to do @Zoe7 ..... on the countdown to finishing for the year, so everything is due, like dominoes ..... one after the other .....

Hi @TheVorticon @MDT ..... 🤜🤛 💕

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance