Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

Morning @Sam3

That's what @Zoe7 & I were discussing--the level of tiredness with a mental illness. Mine is possibly medication related but I'm not sure. It's important as Zoe was also saying (and I agree) not too be too hard on yourself. I tackle things in smaller chunks now, have a rest for a while, then go back to it. And then there are days like yesterday where it was pretty much a complete right off. I spent much of the day in bed, wanting to cry (a problem I have is wanting to cry but not being able to) as the sheer frustration of it all.

I'm allowed to go back to work for up to 8hours a week, but I'm still waiting on my employer to complete paperwork & see what other requirements they want from me.

That's partly why I do 4hours at the op shop. So I can see if it's manageable. And it is, just. When I work, I work hard, paid or unpaid. So I don't sit around drinking tea. I honestly think at this time an 8hour shift would be too much. I mostly get 4 or 6hour shifts, and I could manage that.

Lol @Zoe7 at least we won.
I guess so. Much planned today for you?

Hey @Sans911 I also find I can’t cry - for me it’s maybe related to medication (when I recently went off medication after discussing it with my doctor, I was initially much more able to cry, laugh & react emotionally ...but it seems I need the medication which is confronting & disappointing & proves I’m not normal: RED ALERT :police_car_light: unhelpful beliefs!!!). 

Out of left field, but has anyone @Zoe7@Flying_Hams@Former-Member@Shaz51 been successful with a travel insurance claim for mental health reasons? 

I am much like @Sans911 too @Sam3 I get very tired very easily but once I start something I usually find I can keep going until I exhaust myself and then I need to rest.

This morning I went back to sleep rather than getting up and getting moving - I knew I needed it and also lacked the motivation to move - so I am nt too upset with myself. Some days are like that and I am acceptig that. I was more motivated when I was back at work - it is a shame that stopped for the holidays as I now have to get back in that routine again. I do think that havng a routine does help - at least it does for me but again I am not kicking myself for taking it easy right now because I know I will be flat out again when I return to work. That down time is just as important as being always busy.

In saying all that - one of the reasons I am reducing my night meds currently is to hopefully be less tired in the morning as I do struggle with staying awake in the mornings. We are hoping the reduction in meds helps with that.

I look at MI as an other disease that needs constant management - with or without meds @Sam3 I am grateful for the meds because without them I would not be alive - so despite them making me tired they have kept me going and I do feel more 'normal' on them. I think our definition of 'normal' is very different as there is still so much stigma attached to having a MI - something I hope changes in time. MI is just like any other disease or illness - it can be managed and treated and you can get through it will the right support to a stage that you can successfully function day to day - the definition of succesful also changes from person to person as each one has their own level of 'normal' they can and want to reach.

Hi @Flying_Hams - still doing the wall in the garage but had a morning sleep after watching the soccer - will hopefully get going a bit more this afternoon but right now it is too windy to do anything outside.

Wish it was windy here @Zoe7
Pretty sunny. But good swim weather methinks.
Off to fix the pc... I hope

Goodluck with getting your pc fixed - hope they can do it quickly @Flying_Hams

I hate the wind so wish it would go away. It also makes it harder to hold things in place when windy.

Enjoy your swimming - hope it helps cool you off today Smiley Happy

Yeh im doing the fixing haha @Zoe7
It's at my level of competence luckily.

Have a good day

The wind has dropped a bit here now but still lacking the motivation to get anything done @Flying_Hams Hope you have better luck with your pc.

it's a saturday @Zoe7 take it easy lol

Thanks 🙂 I think it's fixed now. Just had to fresh install a whole bunch of drivers.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance