Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

You put in a great effort after hours to do some more Hon - sometimes taking a break is also what you need to do. It is a good idea to pick it up on Saturday - will make it less stressful than if you where travelling through a lot of people.

I have done my shopping - went solely by my list - didn't even get any chocolate covered donuts so I am pretty proud of myself for resisting lol

Same plans as usual for you tonight @Faith-and-Hope?

Hi @Zoe7 ..... 👋💕

I might have missed you now for tonight.  Dinner is done I walked home making a card now then will go on with my drawing project cos I am excited to see it finished, and it will clear the way for essay-type assignments on the weekend that I need to make a start on.

Well done on resisting the doughnuts, as they have obviously been taking over .... lol 

Still up Hon and will likely be for a while @Faith-and-Hope

I'm still up too @Zoe7 😛

Image may contain: indoor

You seem to have a good plan in your head about what you need to get done and when @Faith-and-Hope I have a plan for tomorrow but it depends very much on the weather. More gardening hopefully but not if it is too wet. Then over the weekend I should be able to mow the lawns with a couple of days of expected nicer weather to dry them out a bit. 

Hi @oceangirl

Hi @Zoe7

I hope the weather suits you @Zoe7 ..... I love that you are back into your gardening.

I have been sorting out some stamps I bought for card-making.  Getting organised and trying to keep all the art materials tidy.  D3 was working in the art room today and she has produced a beautiful piece of artwork .... but left a trail of baby dragon mess as well .... sigh ..... I have tried to coax her into tidying as she goes, but it presses the oppositional / defiant button that has become easily triggered as a part of her mi ..... so I have to grit my teeth a little and keep modelling the right behaviour.  Her room is going down when she is having a painful or miserable day, but then she is blitzing it back into order again more often ..... trying to get into the right swing of things, so I know she will do that with the art space too, eventually.

Hi @oceangirl .... 👋💕

Is that Milo ?

And I suspect you don't want to quash her creativity @Faith-and-Hope - sometimes we need to compromise to achieve both desired outcomes ...but having a shared space would also be frustrating when there is mess left behind.

I love being able to be back in the garden too Hon. I do however wish I had the strength and energy I used to have because I would be able to achieve so much more of what I want to get done. That is super frustrating at times and honestly makes me feel quite deflated too. But I am doing it bit by bit and that has to be enough for now. 

Next is to get back into the painting. Everything is still ready to go - just can't seem to get into the right headspace for that. Maybe tomorrow!

I am the same @Zoe7, in terms of having projects ready to go, but not the will at the moment to start them. It will happen though ..... it’s all part of pacing ourselves and allowing that drift until the time is right and we are motivated to do it.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance