Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: First day sober in 15 days..

Lots of water lots of sugar only rule dont drink re day 2 @Lilyq

Thanks for tagging me @TAB.

Hi @Lilyq. The past 2 years I have been meaning to stop,  have stopped,  have reduced,  only going to have a drink when I go out somewhere special with friends,  etc,etc. I've gone 90 odd days without alcohol.  Then I had that one drink at a special evening out and then straight back into regular daily drinking.  My brain remembered alcohol and recalled how "good" it was. 

So I'm back to daily drinking,  trying to avoid alcohol for at least a day. 

I don't mean to sound negative or doom and gloom.  Just to say that it's not always easy,  and doing it on your own isn't easy.  Your brain will constantly lie to you and tell you alcohol helps your MI,  or that it relaxes you,  or makes you feel good,  or that,  one drink won't hurt. 

But I did want to congratulate you.  You have made a decision to quit.  Day 2 and you are still going strong.  Well done. 

Anyway @Lilyq 1 day can be a big achievement after a few days your brain may become your friend again. I hope so 👍😸😎🎩

Thanks I hope so, life just seems so dreary and dull, when I drink I see a colidiscope of colours. I am just lying in bed with my pyjamas on trying to cheer myself up, it's difficult.. 

Just stay sober Lil 🙂 reach out if you need too.

much happening for you this christmas?

Hello @Lilyq, you can do this my friend Heart

my husband and I drink 2 litres of  alcohol each week , going to stop from today as it is no good for mr shaz`s MI and my CKD and diabetes

together we can do this

Hello @Former-Member, @TAB, @utopia, @Appleblossom

Understand @utopia and i did 21 days a long long time ago also did 27 not quite 28 in rehab a less long time ago. I’m starting not to care re age and being alone, but still have some small rules for self @liliq @Nay69

Good idea @Shaz51 all the best with being alcohol free.

How are you going @Lilyq?

Distractions help.  Hope you are keeping yourself busy. 

Just wanted to check how you are going @Lilyq.

Drop us a line when you have a free minute. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance