Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I’m so bitter and pi$$ed off, feeling sorry for myself

@Appleblossom  My husband is a people pleaser, needs to be loved by everyone.  The thing is, he’s a great guy, everybody loves him, I doubt I could find anyone who would say a bad word against him.  It’s just that to get to that level of adoration I became the sacrifice.

I‘ve gone through so much in my life and I have never had anyone in my corner.  Up until the last few years I’ve never asked for the support, but lately when I’ve needed it he’s just not there.  Yet, I’ve been his strongest ally all our married life but I can’t ever remember a time he has been there for me - something I’ve called him out on and he agrees.

Marriage should be a two way street, mine is very one sided.

Hi @Razzle

Reading what you write was exactly how I felt the other day. 

I’m sorry you are struggling. It’s not fair. You didn’t deserve any of this. 

I csn empathise with you so much 

hugs ❤️❤️

I have been a people pleaser too.  @Razzle

There are a lot of people who fall for the nice guy thing.  Cept for it is not nice or even genuine, if the "nice guy's" wife is never supported or protected.  I am hearing you.

Smiley Happy

@Appleblossom

@BlueBay 

I feel like I’m in the middle of my own little pity party.  Thanks for reaching out, just a bit emotional and overwhelmed at the moment. ❤️❤️

@Razzle

There was a song that went

"Its my party and I'll cry if I want to.  Cry if I want to."

Heart

@Appleblossom   And I probably will 👍👍

@Razzle ihad a read of the thread you said and im so sorry you went through all of that. Im glad you are getting support around that. I had trauma that was abuse and its so hard to live with. But it is possible.

Sending some well wishes to you. Im not married so im glad others have given their perspective for you.

I hope todays ok for you, perhaps some extra self care today would be good

@outlander. Today’s session is over, it was pretty brutal.  I’m feeling pretty flat and emotional now, can’t even imagine how my husband feels, he heard a lot of terrible sickening things about me that he had never heard before.  

My fear of him being unsupportive have so far not eventuated, he’s been very good  - glimmer of hope ??

It’s been a long day, I’m wrecked, time to zone out for a bit.

Thankyou for your support. ❤️❤️

@Razzle ❤️ Thinking of you. How are you today?

@Razzle
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance